Credit Officer-Transportation Finance
Company: BMO Harris
Posted on: May 3, 2021
300 E John Carpenter Freeway
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
Credit Officer-Transportation Finance (Commercial Banking)
The Commercial Banking Transportation Finance business is
seeking a dynamic and motivated Credit Officer. As a first-line
risk officer, the position is responsible for all new business
underwriting (credit exposures > $1 million) and portfolio
management. The position reports directly to the Director of
Underwriting & Portfolio Management.
- Risk Management (80%)
- Credit Policies and Process Support (10%)
- Training and Coaching (10%)
- Underwrite and manage new and existing customers with credit
exposures greater $1 million and up to $150 million.
- Make credit decisions/recommendations in accordance with sound
credit-granting principles and in compliance with BMO's Policies
- Meet credit turnaround timelines/metrics and maintain overall
- Monitor industry trends and changes to maintain a forward
looking view of the industry to identify new risks and
- Partner with senior management and relationship managers
(Commercial Team) to attract and retain customers.
- Maintain financing guidelines and procedures appropriate for
the business and in line with bank requirements.
- Support modification and development of new and existing
decision and portfolio management guidelines and policies.
- Ensure annual reviews and other portfolio administration tasks
are completed timely and accurately (maintain high data integrity
- Resolve customer and portfolio issues in partnership with the
Commercial Team and special asset unit, as required.
- Prepare reports and credit assessments to present to senior
management with a clear and consistent approach to managing
transactions and portfolio risk.
- Ensure adherence of all internal control standards, regulatory
and compliance policies and procedures.
- Participate in projects, special due diligence requests,
audits, and related activities, as required.
- Proven abilities in new business origination, structuring
skills and portfolio management.
- Exceptional analytical and risk management skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and
in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship
- Strong ability to advocate persuasively.
- Excellent capability to independently and proactively service
multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Expertise in financial computer applications including
Microsoft Office products and the Internet
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial banking experience preferably
in the transportation industry
- In-depth level of commercial credit/portfolio management
knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio
management policies and objectives
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Irving , Credit Officer-Transportation Finance, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!