Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast,
accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic
tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and
transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare
operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation
and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood
centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX currently has an opportunity for a
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Applies experience and procurement knowledge to execute the
purchasing and supply management strategies created by the Category
Managers. Work with customers, internal and external, and the
Divisions to solve issues and drive high levels of customer
service. This role will work across multiple verticals. The
position will be responsible for Operations and Tactical work with
the various categories. The Specialist has delegated authority to
commit company funds while contributing cost
savings and partnerships with suppliers and internal customers.
Proactively seek innovative ways to improve the procurement
processes, cycle times, and customer service levels Full
understanding of the "One Procurement" strategies. Strong knowledge
and project work across multiple categories that impact the team
positively. Works within defined processes and procedures and may
help determine appropriate approaches for change.
- First line responder pivots between strategy, operations and
- Execute against category strategies and work in the guidance of
strategic category leaders.
- Manage SOWs/RFI's/Ordering documents.
- Assist with supplier selection.
- Manage day to day supply issues.
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Communicates pertinent information to both internal customers
and suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
- Execute ad-hoc/one off buys.
- Support PO conversion - non transactional and some
- Educate on existing solutions and enable performance and tech
- Lead resolution on issues and invoice error.
- PO change management and communicate trends of changes.
- Enable supplier integration and KPI's.
- Drive savings outcomes. Collaboration with functions.
- Create and implement RFPs.
- Performs routine professional-based activities and contribute
to and manage some projects.
- Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify request and
obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the
- Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category.
- Seek and support business relationships with diverse
- Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions
to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree Engineering, Science, Business, Financial or
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2 years Procurement and functional experience.
- Above purchasing experience from medical device manufacturer or
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and