Staff Accountant - Materials
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement,
aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of
plants and thousands of employees working across the United States
and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the
world's largest building materials companies.
The Staff Accountant role is based in Irving, TX and reports
directly to the Accounting Manager.
What you'll get to do
- Financial and operational transaction processing in General
Ledgers for business line operations.
- Participate in accurate and timely closing of General ledgers
on a monthly basis.
- Complete the balance sheet reconciliation for assigned accounts
on a monthly basis.
- Communicate/work with SSC functional areas and plants to
research reconciling items.
- Prepare and distribute reports and provide analysis/support as
needed on a monthly basis.
- Perform accounting for inventory including analysis of standard
versus actual cost variances and physical inventory variances.
- Product costing for assigned operational units.
- Accounting for customer rebates.
- Profit Center accounting and analysis.
- Lead analysis and support for assigned internal and external
- Manage complex projects for business integration, technical
accounting changes, and continuous improvement projects.
- Respond to questions and issues and communicate responses to
operations and other functional areas.
- Deliver results individually and as a key team member in a fast
paced, high performance culture.
- Identify process improvement opportunities as it relates to the
individual's area of responsibility.
- Work closely with other functions within the SSC groups,
Corporate, the Regions and local operations to administer standard
business processes and participate in implementing a shared
services center environment in North America.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 1 year of experience.
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles (IFRS
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines, and working
collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Solid Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written or oral, or diagram form.
What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributions
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Irving , Staff Accountant - Materials, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!