AppOps Engineer, Sr
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What does a great AppOps Engineer, Sr. do?
As an AppOps Engineer Sr. you will, in collaboration with a
multidisciplinary delivery team, be responsible for the deployment,
monitoring, troubleshooting, automating and maintenance of critical
enterprise application platforms in production.
As an AppOps Engineer, Sr. you can look forward to:
- Leading troubleshooting while initiating the path to root cause
identification & making recommendations for long-term resolution of
problems across multiple platforms.
- Leading complex initiatives and issues within an application
platforms involving multiple cross-functional teams.
- Working across application platforms and influencing
improvements elated to performance, architecture, design and
- Recommending strategies for process and monitoring
- Performing deep dive code reviews and providing feedback to
enhance the quality of application code artifacts.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years total engineering, production support and
administration or similar experience.
- Solid experience as application production support Engineer in
a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with
configuration management tools.
- Extensive experience administration multiple technologies but
not limited to Pivotal cloud Foundry (PCF), AWS, WebSphere
Products, Apache, JBoss/Wildfly, Tomcat, IBM Http server, WebLogic,
MQ, WMB, and IBM DataPower.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, DB2 and Oracle databases.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols
and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Experience with Java development (Java/Struts, Spring
Framework, JS Technologies and etc.).
- Solid Understanding of Cloud Technology concepts, topologies
and service models (PaaS, AWS).
- Containerization Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with implementing micro services architecture and
build/deploy automated, scalable and maintainable
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and
state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA
- Ability to analyze the load test results and recommend the
appropriate tuning measurements.
- Strong understanding of different operating systems like RedHat
Linux, windows, AIX, SUSE Linux.
- Hands on scripting experience using shell, python, perl
scripting languages to automate software builds, config
- Experience with log parsing technologies like splunk, elk.
- Experience with tools like App Dynamics, Dyna Trace, vrops
- Solid understanding in reading Java dumps, system cores and TCP
dumps to troubleshoot issues.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does,
we know most people arent thinking about financial services But we
are. We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. Were Fiserv,
a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates
proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their
customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they
need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money
and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500
company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies
for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and
purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with
Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv
is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Keywords: Fiserv, Irving , AppOps Engineer, Sr, Other , irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!