Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and
innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced,
high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one
of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee and Big Bite. "Brain Freeze"
is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee and
with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or
food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has
been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience
in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View
Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can
Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide
the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
About This Opportunity
Did you know that our 7-Eleven Private Brands surpassed over $1B
in Sales in 2020? The 7-Eleven Private Brands team is seeking an
Associate Product Development Manager to develop innovative
beverages to support continued growth in our packaged beverage
business. The ideal candidate will have experience in product
development and understand how to utilize consumer insights and
build business cases to gain alignment on the innovation pipeline.
This individual will also manage a portfolio of existing products
and will build strategies and tactics to drive growth in the
business. The role will include significant cross-functional work
with demand chain, marketing, category management and many other
departments. As such, the individual should have experience
influencing and collaborating across organizations to gain
alignment and drive results.
- Utilize consumer insights to develop best-in-class private
brand products that are better quality than national brand items
and a better value to our customers.
- Support the Private Brand Team's vision and strategy into a
pipeline of innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support the product development process including opportunity
identification, consumer testing, establishment of success
criteria, packaging development and post-launch performance
- Work collaboratively with the Category Team and Category
Support Team to provide all critical information to facilitate
product execution instore.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop product
positioning, product packaging and brand architecture for product
- Own and manage vendor relationships to leverage their broad
range of resources to maximize innovative items.
- Lead new-item verification and develop communication plan to
drive engagement and franchisees.
- Work collaboratively with demand chain to develop forecasts
surrounding product launches and ensure wholesale partners have
appropriate inventory levels.
- Provide input regarding the management of existing private
brands assortments, including opportunities for expansion,
promotion and rationalization of items.
- Lead the execution of product sampling / tasting panels with
potential consumers as well as in-house product reviews.
- Create, analyze and present performance metrics to help make
business decisions about future product development strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience .
- 2+ years relevant work experience, New product development
experience or category management experience strongly preferred.
Field Operations experience is also desirable.
- Ability to keep the customer at the front and center of all
business decisions and activities.
- Exceptional ability to communicate information and ideas in
both written and verbal format.
- Strong foundational knowledge of brand marketing principles and
- Proficient at developing and using collaborative relationships
to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a
high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Exhibits extreme integrity and a bias for doing the right
- Strong Numerical and Analytical Aptitude - IRI/PowerBI platform