Service Estimator / Project Manager
Reports to: General Manager Service & Solutions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Texas AirSystems is the largest independent HVAC Equipment and
Solutions provider in Texas . Our company has grown to five offices
and over 300 employees throughout Texas, with headquarters in
Irving, next to the DFW airport. We are proud members of ASA,
ASHRAE, BOMA, CEF, TEXO & USGBC. We represent over 30
manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of
equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work
with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage
of projects to provide energy efficient, value added solutions to
their complex problems
Our overall mission is simple: we want to create value and make
a difference every day in our journey to be the best HVAC sales and
service organization in North America. We believe we can succeed in
that mission by being the BEST provider for our clients, the BEST
partner for manufacturers, the BEST company for our employees, and
the BEST investment for our current and future shareholders.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Service Estimator, with
project management experience. The Estimator/Project Manager will
be responsible for estimation of quoted service, preventative
maintenance contracts and the basic execution and management of
mechanical HVAC projects. The candidate must have experience in a
commercial HVAC environment, excellent communication and teaming
skills. Position requires a high level of correspondence with sales
team, customers, vendors, mechanics and the operations team.
- High attention to detail.
- Work with the sales team and operations management to estimate
mechanical service and preventative maintenance costs.
- Performs quality estimates for the repair/installation of
mechanical equipment and mechanical systems.
- Issue intelligent and perceptive RFIs.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates in a timely
- Organize sub contractor and vendor quotations, and insure
quotes meet contract documents.
- Maintain relationships with sub contractors and clients.
- Prepares, coordinates, and evaluates subcontractor bid
- Attend pre-bid walk-thru's periodically.
- Work with sales people to clearly identify scope
- Participate in turnover meetings and work with the operations
and service managers to define scope and material
The Required Profile
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in the construction field
in similar and/or related position; or equivalent combination of
education and experience in commercial HVAC service.
- Previous experience estimating HVAC Mechanical Service
- Proficiency with a mechanical estimating software a plus
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment submittal data and
Operations and Maintenance manuals
- Graduate from recognized engineering or construction management
program is an asset.
- Mix of field and office experience will be helpful.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Other Skills & Abilities
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability
to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and
prioritizing multiple tasks.
Will be required to work in an office environment and possibly,
occasionally in the field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and
telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is
required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
Texas AirSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer