Principal Payroll Accountant
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Category: Business Management Location: Irving, Texas US
Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: Yes - May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this
position Shift: 1st Shift Travel Required: No Positions Available:
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the
teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's
possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000
team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is
your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best,
with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch
your career. Responsibilites include:
- Applies principles of accounting, governmental accounting rules
and company policy to establish and analyze SAP account
- Researches and advises payroll staff concerning the accounting
treatment of complex transactions. Researches and guides the
payroll staff on how to handle payroll issues affecting
- Reconciles payroll account balances for the purpose of
maintaining accurate account balances and complying within the
- Prepare and enter journal entries in SAP as part of the true-up
procedure and to ensure that liabilities, expenses, and
disbursements are properly recorded.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned duties according
to set deadlines and the monthly and quarterly account close
schedules and ensure all transactions are in compliance with GAAP
(General Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and compiles and
analyzes detailed account report and other related information to
record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify
- Research and determine dollar value of aging items that will
not clear accounts and request write off approval.
- May design, modify, and/or maintain process and desk procedure
documentation and forms.
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of
accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Critical success factors for candidates will include a highly
collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems,
proactively deal with difficult situations and communicate
appropriately with all levels of stakeholders.
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving and closure
skills; strong written and oral communication skills, and
demonstrated interpersonal skills with different stakeholders and
levels of professionals and management.
- 6 years' of related experience with a Bachelors; OR 4 years' of
related experience with a Masters; 8 years' of related experience
with an Associate's degree; or 10 years' of related experience with
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a strong understanding of generally accepted
accounting principles and federal/state payroll tax laws along with
a broad overall payroll and timekeeping knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Excel - pivots, macros, v-look ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and strong advocate for process
- Works with a sense of urgency and is proactive - keeps on top
of action item owners to complete tasks
- Intolerant of recurring problems - digs deep to find the root
cause and fixes the problem
- Creates ad-hoc reports to solve problems
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast paced, high volume,
- Successful candidate will be self-directed and have a high
acumen for learning on the fly
- Ability to work long days during peak periods required
- PeopleSoft/SAP Payroll experience required. Ideal candidate
must be highly analytical, a team player, a quick learner and a
dependable worker with focus on ensuring the Team meets its goals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Irving , Principal Payroll Accountant, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!