Company: Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) takes a unique and
integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care
model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine,
tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each
individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality
of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side
effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and
emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment
regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person
approach is what we call the Mother Standard of care, so named
because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another,
like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative
approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction
and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the
successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Responsible for assisting physicians and registered nurses with
the evaluation, management, and treatment of patients. Responsible
for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides
information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from
the clinic services. The Medical Assistant assumes responsibility
for maintaining patient flow, cleaning and stocking of exam and
treatment rooms, and performing basic skills such as taking vital
signs, phlebotomy, and point of care testing. In addition, the
Medical Assistant will administer subcutaneous and intramuscular
injections under the direction of a Physician. The individual who
holds this position will support and adhere to the Choice Cancer
Care mission statement, Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Checking schedules.
- Accompanying patients to exam/procedure room.
- Assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing,
collecting specimens, preparing for exam, and collecting patient
- Working knowledge of ONCO EHR to include scheduling and
documentation with in the EHR.
- Point of Care testing: CBC, CMP, Urine, TSH. PSA
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may
include: sending/receiving or scanning patient's medical records,
obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referrals information,
task messaging within ONCO and messages within Navigating
- Completes forms/requisitions as needed, schedules appointments
such as MRI's, Blood Transfusions, Physical Therapy etc., verifies
insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may
include: setting up instruments and equipment according to
protocol, cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment
between patient visits to maintain infection control, keeping
appropriate records; ordering sorting, storing supplies, restocking
- Participates in professional development activities to keep
current with healthcare practices.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
Competencies: See attached form for review
- Knowledge of healthcare field and medical specialty.
- Knowledge of the unique, technical and human factors found when
working in the specific field of oncology (preferred prior to
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patient and
- Knowledge of how to use basic medical equipment and instruments
to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of oncology-related medical terminology.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish/maintain a safe work environment.
- General understanding of the unique human factors found when
working in the specific field of oncology.
- Skills in applying and modifying the principles of Medical
Assistant to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skills in taking medical information.
- Skills in the use of computer software application relevant to
job specific tasks.
- Skills in establishing and maintain effective working
relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clinic staff, patients and
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply clinic guidelines and
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with
patients and families.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
Minimum high school diploma. Graduate of a Medical Assistant
Program preferred. Minimum one-year clinical experience. Phlebotomy
Certificates and Licenses
Current Medical Assistant Certification by AAMA, AMT, or NCCT
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Frequent exposure to
communicable diseases, toxic substances, blood-borne pathogens,
physical hazards (e.g. needle pricks, etc.), ionizing radiation,
medicinal preparation and other conditions common to an oncology
Requires standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and
twisting. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity, and
eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to
normal range. May require helping lift/transfer patients. Requires
ability to deal with stress from dealing with multiple tasks,
irregular hours, tense patients, and unexpected emergencies.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will
follow any other instructions, and perform any other related
duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true
difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a
challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you
may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings
his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive
training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If
you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a
passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Keywords: Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Irving , Medical Assistant, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!