2021-2022 SY: Administrative Liaison - Nimitz HS
Company: Irving Independent School District
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB TITLE: Administrative Liaison
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
PAY GRADE: In accordance with the annual salary schedule
approved by the Board (187 + 10 days) DEPARTMENT: Assigned
DATE REVISED: June 2019
Disclaimer: In addition to other specified conditions of
employment, the applicant understands that no guarantee of
continued employment, beyond two years, is expressed or implied by
Irving Independent School District. Position termed at two school
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assist the principal in the administration of
the operation of the school campus.
- Master's Degree
- Valid Texas Administrator's Certificate
- PDAS (Professional Development Appraisal System)
- ILD (Instructional Leadership Development) certification
- Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal
- Ability to exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Knowledge in the selection, training, and supervision of
- Ability to facilitate student support meetings such as ARDs,
504s, SSP, & LPACs.
- Facilitate state and local testing programs.
- Implement and manage the school's discipline management
- Supervise teachers and staff during evening/weekend events as
- Knowledge of laws, rules, procedures, and programs specifically
related to the operation of school in Texas.
At least three (3) years of successful experience as a classroom
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Project a positive image; establish and maintain a work
environment conducive to positive staff morale.
- Promote and provide a positive teaching/learning environment
for staff and students.
- Practice good listening skills and be receptive to suggestions
and input from staff, students, and parents.
- Communicate with staff, students, and parents in a clear and
- Take an active and sincere interest in the well-being of
students and staff.
- Demonstrate skill in working with students, staff, and parents
to successfully resolve conflict.
- Assist the principal to promote activities to recognize and
honor students, staff, and community volunteers for various types
of service and accomplishments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the school's
mission; collaboratively build with staff a common vision for
- Promote high expectations for staff and students in an enabling
- Provide leadership that produces desired results and
significant improvement in student academic achievement.
- Identify and apply research findings to facilitate school
- Assess various aspects of the school program and effectively
use the resultant information to implement actions that improve
learning and provide an orderly and purposeful environment.
- Implement actions that ensure each staff member's knowledge and
understanding of the annual campus plan for school
- Monitor student attendance; devise and implement strategies
that improve student attendance.
- Assist in the selection of new staff members for the
- Define expectations for staff (e.g. routine procedures,
classroom management, instructional strategies, communication with
the public, and personal contributions to positive staff
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management:
- Assist the principal to develop an annual budget based on
program needs, estimated enrollment, staffing, and other fiscal
needs; implement programs within budget limits, maintain fiscal
control; accurately and responsibly report fiscal information.
- Manage the use of the school plant and grounds; supervise the
maintenance of the physical plant and grounds to ensure a clean,
orderly, and safe environment.
- Assist the principal to provide required reports for all school
operations including, but not limited to, enrollment, attendance,
funds accounting, payroll, and transportation.
- Assist staff to implement a student discipline plan that
encourages and rewards positive student behavior.
- Communicate student discipline expectations to staff, students,
and parents and encourage parent involvement in promoting
responsible student behavior.
- Support teachers in the campus discipline program and deal with
student discipline matters in a serious and effective manner.
- Stress the importance of following school rules and impose
reasonable and appropriate consequences in a consistent manner when
- Ensure that staff members who experience severe or frequent
student disciplinary problems are provided appropriate assistance
to bring satisfactory resolution to the matter.
- Monitor the instructional program by observing classroom
instruction on a regular basis through walk through observations,
both formal and informal.
- Work closely with principal and staff to plan, implement, and
evaluate the curriculum on a systematic basis.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in the design and
implementation of the instructional program.
- Articulate the school's mission to the community and solicit
support in accomplishing it.
- Demonstrate awareness of school/community needs and initiate
activities to meet these needs.
- Promote a positive image of the school and district and
maintain a positive working relationship with parents and other
- Involve parents and other community members in school
activities through such avenues as PTA/PTO groups, Partners in
Education (PIE) program, and other volunteer work
- Encourage parents to visit the school to gain a better
understanding of and appreciation for the education program in
Professional Growth and Development:
- Engage in activities to improve leadership skills; utilize
information and insights gained in professional development
programs for self-improvement.
- Use information provided through assessment instruments, the
district appraisal process, and evaluation feedback from colleagues
to improve performance.
- Assist the principal to provide leadership in addressing
current educational issues.
- Read professional journals and books; identify practical ideas
that can be implemented; share relevant ideas and information with
- Learn from daily experiences; profit from decisions made; seek
advice and assistance from colleagues.
- Comply with all state and federal laws, local board policies,
administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators Code of
- Serve as appropriate role model for colleagues, students,
staff, and parents.
- Treat staff, students, and parents with respect and
- Conduct all meetings and conferences in a professional
- Demonstrate trustworthiness in dealing with confidential
- Use wisdom, intelligence, tact, courtesy, sensitivity, good
judgment, and utmost professional conduct in carrying out the
responsibilities of assistant/vice principal.
- Make decisions regarding students and staff after reasonable
and appropriate measures have been taken to gather important data
and information; solicit input from outside sources when
Supervise and evaluate the performance of professional and
paraprofessional staff members as assigned by the principal.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Must
maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem
solving skills while under stress. Must demonstrate ability to
communicate effectively (verbal and written). Should be able to
interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making. Frequent
in-district and occasional in-state travel. Occasional prolonged
and irregular hours. Some light manual labor; occasional need to
physically restrain students; endure inclement weather conditions
to provide student safety.
Safety: Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Observe all safety precautions.
The information contained in this job description is for
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and
foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Contribute to the prevention of accidents and injuries by
observing safety rules and District policy, practicing the
principles and skills taught in safety training, wearing personal
protective equipment as required, reporting injuries and incidences
immediately to supervisor, and being proactive in the ongoing
Keywords: Irving Independent School District, Irving , 2021-2022 SY: Administrative Liaison - Nimitz HS, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!