Important Note: During the application process, ensure your
contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and
upload your current resume when submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put
our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking
candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with
outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk - or
Independent Risk Management - provides independent oversight of
risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and
maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides
oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of,
the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities.
We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and
ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and
manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk,
operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board
of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple
lines of business, and take appropriate action when risks posed by
business activities exceed the company level of risk tolerance.
The Financial Crimes Model Development (FCMD) team is part of
Risk Modeling Group (RMG) and is responsible for developing
Financial Crimes models in support of the Financial Crime Risk
Management Analytics group. FCMD model activities include
developing code and analysis through tools such as SAS Python, R
and SQL. FCMD combines quantitative and statistical results with
business knowledge to tune and maximize model performance as well
as comply with Model Validation policies and guidelines.
FCMD is currently searching for a Quantitative Analytics
Specialist 3 who will focus on developing models in the area of AML
monitoring and surveillance, customer due diligence and enhanced
due diligence (CDD/EDD), transaction and front line monitoring. The
models are based on statistical modeling techniques such as
logistic regression, cluster analysis, time-series analysis,
Machine Learning techniques, and other methods. Customer population
across various WF LOBs such as regional banking, wealth management,
wholesale, customer lending, etc. are all included in the potential
The main job responsibilities include, but will not be limited
- Lead develop, analyze, and present methodologies to improve
current FCMD models
- Lead model development efforts to improve the detection of
Financial Crime activity based target events
- Present and document model development results including data
analysis, calibrations and model improvement details.
- Closely work with model owners to tweak model results to
satisfy business judgement on risk factor selection and
- Design model monitoring methodologies and investigate
performance issues through regular testing and monitoring.
- Provide model document compliant with Wells Fargo model
validation and governance requirements.
- Work with Corporate Model Risk Management team and model owners
to address any issues associated with a particular model.
- Work with other regulators to address any questions and
- Mentoring junior team members to improve their modeling
methodologies and AML knowledge understanding
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as
mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment
while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client
needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing
Other Desired Qualifications
- End-to-end experiences in working with raw data to completing
analysis/model development and documentation
- AML Financial Crime project leadership experience of applying
quantitative and statistical approaches to AML and financial crime
- In-depth understanding of various statistical and modeling
approaches and utilize them when needed in the model development
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Crime Investigation process and
- Model risk management experiences to address potential model
issues and regulator's concerns
- Proficiency in Python, R, SQL, SAS, SAS macro, SAS STAT
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon
the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
for benefits information.