Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement,
aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of
plants and thousands of employees working across the United States
and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the
world's largest building materials companies.
The Staff Accountant role is based in Irving, TX and reports
directly to the Sr. Accounting Manager.
What you'll get to do
- Participate in all aspects of the month end close process,
including preparation accrual, amortization, and other adjusting
- Participate new SAP ERP system implementation
- Reconcile all-Company US cash bank accounts, including
depository, main concentration, and disbursement accounts monthly
and work collaboratively with other SSC functions to resolve
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations for assigned
balance sheet accounts monthly
- Analyze and review financial statements for multiple business
units to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all
- Prepare and distribute reports and provide analysis/support as
needed on a monthly basis.
- Assist with annual audit requests
- Participate and collaborate on special projects as needed
- Respond to questions, resolve Accounting-related issues, and
communicate effectively to operations and other functional
- Work closely with other functions within the SSC groups (A/P,
A/R, Fixed Assets), Corporate Controlling, Region Finance, and
local operations to administer standard business processes as a
member of the Shared Services Center for North America.
- Identify process improvement opportunities as it relates to the
individual's area of responsibility.
- Deliver results individually and as a key team member in a fast
paced, high performance culture.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines and working
collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Blackline experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Proven experience collaborating with and building the
capability of less experienced colleagues.
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and
- Strong tactical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making
- Organizational influence with strong interpersonal and
What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributions
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Irving , Staff Accountant, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!