Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Floating General
Manager-Florida and SE to join our team at the Irving - 909 Hidden
Ridge location in Irving, Texas.
This position is responsible for managing operations at various
hotels within an assigned geographic region to achieve planned
goals for revenue and profit (i.e., IOC) while maintaining
standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality
assurance, and asset protection. The Floating General Manager will
provide leadership, training, direction and support to hotel
employees and ensure that a high-quality product is maintained.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business is
a plus. Equivalent experience is acceptable.
- 2 - 5 years as General Manager or other hotel management
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide
service to internal and external customers in a professional and
- May be required to walk and/or stand for long periods of
- Must be flexible in work hours/days.
- Must be able to travel 75 - 90% of the time.
- Requires good vision.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a personal
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing and spreadsheets - e.g., Word,
Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that
includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment
for weekday and weekend and a forecast of local market conditions
and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice
President and the corporate sales organization.
- Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling
techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Provide input to the annual budget by forecasting changes in
operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in
accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in
accordance with business demand levels and control utility expenses
in accordance with energy management and building operations
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable
expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly
IOC; explain the causes for budget variances of controllable
expenses and take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and
adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing.
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in
accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts,
pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest
service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the
products and services they received. Personally handle difficult
situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of
poor guest service before guests leave the property.
- Personally respond to guest complaint letters, Guest Assistance
Contact Forms, and comment cards in accordance with company
- Receive satisfactory scores for Medallia (i.e., guest
satisfaction survey) and take action to correct any
- Recruit, select, train and manage employees to deliver guest
services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for
revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human
resources management, payroll administration, personnel
transactions and fair treatment of employees.
- Train and develop assigned potential management candidates and
trainees in accordance with Human Resources programs and
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional
manner and in accordance with all company policies including
standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of
- Maintain an acceptable level of employee turnover.
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the
company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of
the hotel in accordance with established quality control
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick-fix programs in
accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by
Medallia and the mystery shopper program and take action to correct
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by
Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham,
Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by
Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe
in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Irving - 909 Hidden Ridge, 909 Hidden Ridge, Suite
#600, Irving, Texas 75038
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
- Bring your best every day
- Put our guests first
- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
- Best-in-class training and career development
- Supportive and engaged team
- Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday
traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel
experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for
all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
Hotel Operations Management