Financial Crimes Transaction Monitoring Team, Analyst
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Financial Crimes Transaction Monitoring Team, Analyst
- Requisition # 10043751-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 05/17/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Crimes Transaction
Monitoring, this new position has been created for the purpose of
establishing GFCD Operations Intelligence & Analytics capabilities
One of several key positions in the new Global Financial Crimes
Division Operations function, this position will be responsible for
(i) helping to identify detection scenarios, (2) provide analytics
support for developing, tuning, optimizing and modifying
segmentation to improve transaction monitoring and screening
systems, and (3) helping to coordinate the implementation of
scenarios, which detect financial crime. The incumbent is
responsible for supporting leadership to ensure a globally
consistent effort that enables continuing improvement to the
transaction monitoring capabilities and further mitigate potential
- Provide Subject matter expertise and lead AML Transaction
monitoring and Customer Risk rating efforts.
- Support the development of policies and procedures for AML CRR
and transaction monitoring life cycle, including reviews of
scenario validation, segmentation, optimization tool, risk factor
considerations for CRR.
- Support large strategic optimization and segmentation program
to enhance and tune MUFG's GFCD Transaction Monitoring
- Recommend customer segmentation and optimization for MUFG's
GFCD monitoring system across multiple lines of business.
- Help develop of models involving tuning, calibration,
segmentation and optimization.
- Perform model validation, memorializing model selection
rationales and defined assumptions.
- Coordinate with other regional and Global teams to implement on
the monitoring/CRR model.
- Work collaboratively across functional teams within GFCD to
ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined
roles and responsibilities.
- 1 to 3 years' experience designing, analyzing, testing and/or
validating BSA/AML models, and/or OFAC sanctions screening
- Familiarity implementing, testing or evaluating performance of
financial crime and compliance systems.
- Sound knowledge on AML data including KYC, customer, account
and transactional data.
- Proven track record of strong quantitative testing and
statistical analysis techniques as it pertains to BSA/AML models,
including name similarity matching, classification accuracy
testing, unsupervised/supervised machine learning, neural networks,
fuzzy logic matching, decision trees, etc.
- Familiarity of current compliance rules and regulations of the
FRB, SEC, OCC, FATF, FinCEN, OFAC, and familiarity with USA PATRIOT
Act, BSA/AML and OFAC screening regulations.
- Prior experience designing compliance program tuning and
configuration methodologies, including what-if detection scenario
analytics, excess over threshold, and sampling above/below-the-line
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming
platforms: SAS, Matlab, R, Python, SQL, VBA, etc.
- Familiarity with vendor models like Hotscan, Actimize SAM/WLF,
SearchSpace, RDC, Bridger Insight, ACE Pelican, TCH OFAC Screening
(EPN), FICO Credit/Debit, Guardian Analytics, and
- Strong knowledge about model risk management and associated
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, quantitative
analysis, economics or related field is required. Advanced degree
- Experience interacting with the Executive Committee Leadership,
control function leadership, and compliance subject matter
- Proven excellence in execution in complex and demanding
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication
- Systemic thinker across enterprise
- Process oriented coupled with a strong ability to develop
appropriate program enhancing strategies
- Detail-oriented and organized execution
- Executive level presentation skills
- An Enterprise Risk Management perspective
- Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement
- Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the
organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own
- Ability to work with teams of project managers
- Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical
approach to implementation - including knowledge of Bank
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best
interests of the Bank and its customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Irving , Financial Crimes Transaction Monitoring Team, Analyst, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!