Software Developer ECommerce
Posted on: June 6, 2021
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!
This position is responsible for developing and supporting ECom
and internal web applications. This position will be a member of
the IT Applications and BI team and reports to the Director of
Applications and BI. The primary duty is frontend development for
Ecommerce and custom web applications. FleetPride seeks an
experienced IT professional who lives for best-in-class application
developers and is ready for a rewarding career in a collaborative
- Develop and Support Ecommerce and custom web applications.
- Support all ecommerce related plugins (Coveo, mail chimp,
ratings platform etc) and integrations
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and
- Optimize websites and applications to ensure that performance
of the solutions is optimal
- Maintain technical documentation with all the technical details
and proper visual diagrams (Flowcharts, Diagram and layouts) for
ease of understanding.
- Creates clear and concise comments in code to aid understanding
by other developers
- Analyzes production issues to determine problem source and
- Assists in code reviews and code deployments
- Adheres to FleetPride SDLC principles for software
- Respond to and complete incidents in a timely and professional
- Develop Unit test plans and perform unit testing
- Maintain the version control for all code as per the FleetPride
- Collaborate with business and project teams to understand
requirements and business needs
- Self-train and self-educate to better support the technology
FLEETPRIDE uses to support operations locally and at the branches.
Assist or train others on the systems and features.
- Makes pragmatic recommendations on system and process
- Ensures configurations, system features and system
documentations are appropriately documented.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization
and technology standards.
- Responsible for communicating, promoting and adhering to IT
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and
procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Understanding the implication of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the
most efficient manner.
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either
independently or as a team member.
- Comprehensive knowledge of supported applications.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and
holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet
- Will be required to carry a cell phone at all times and
expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may
require remote or occasional on-site support.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Able to execute on other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
required to file documents or store materials throughout the
- Long periods of time spent sitting or standing while working
with a computer.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds (files, computer
printouts on occasion)
- The ability to work through stressful situations with either a
co-worker or a customer
- May require overtime, weekend work and overnight travel.
- Much of the work shift is spent viewing a computer monitor and
using a keyboard while entering problem description details into a
case management system.
The primary environment is characterized by ambient room
temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a
typical office environment.
A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or
Management Information Systems. Consideration will be given to an
equivalent combination of related education and required work
- Minimum of 5+ years of related work experience.
- 4 to 6 years of experience implementing Enterprise Web
Applications or Ecommerce Solutions
- Industrial distribution industry experience a plus
- Strong UX practices and execution in prior work experience
- Working experience with RESTful APIs, JSON Structures,OpenAPI
- Strong experience in responsive web design and creating
mockups, wireframes and prototypes
- Experience in full stack web development using C# or Java, web
services and SQL Server
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and
implementation of software solutions that support business
- Experience with implementation of Web-services
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft technologies, frameworks,
solutions, and tools including Visual Studio
- Experience with Salesforce.com development and administration
is a plus
- Strong software systems design skills and familiarity with the
current industry best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with both waterfall and agile project
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Energetic, team player and proactive problem solver with great
attention to detail.
- Ability to create meeting presentations that are clear and easy
- Able to document meeting minutes accurately and effectively in
an efficient manner to allow meeting members to review in a
reasonable timeframe once a meeting has occurred
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast changing environment and
work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong
analytical and problem solving skills.
FLEETPRIDE is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail,
service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Keywords: FleetPride, Irving , Software Developer ECommerce, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!