SRE - Service Reliability Engineer
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
Service Reliability Engineer(SRE) for NA Digital platforms.
This position will have global scope and accountability. It will
drive service improvements in function and efficiency, and
reduction in error rate through automation of IT services delivered
and/or executed by Global Production Management in support of
Global consumer group(GCG) customers worldwide.
The position is a senior technical role to help in the creation
of ultra-scalable and extremely reliable software systems
emphasizing the reliability factor in the product management
lifecycle. Responsible for availability, latency, performance,
efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and
capacity planning. Key focus is automation
The role requires clear understanding of SRE fundamentals, with
an ability to communicate at a leadership level to senior
executives at Citi with operational excellence mindset
Job Location- Irving, US & Jacksonville, Florida
- Responsible of IT Service Automation to reduce cost, reduce
risk, improve efficiency and enable Service Management to keep up
ever increasing volume of with fast pace of newer technologies due
to agile and Next Gen Architecture.
- Drive development of automation strategy in line with corporate
standards and tools.
- Drive and implement rigorous quality standards for all aspects
of the automation delivery from initial concept to final
- Continually evolve the working practices within and services
provided by Production Management (regionally and globally) to
improve efficiency and productivity.
- Continuous forward compatibility and acquisition of competency
around automation, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics Process
Automation, predictive analytics, etc.
- Decision analytics and technology platforms to deliver
immediate results and long-term business impact
- Develop predictive models that will form the basis of
information-driven strategies executed with respect to services
provided by Production Management.
- Ability to conduct blameless problem management/post mortem
phase of major incidents, develop executive briefings, assess major
incident impacts and drive service improvements to prevent repeat
of an incident.
- 10+ years of experience and an understanding of the IT
environment to include applications, associated infrastructure
(network, servers, Data Centers, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience required in microservices , APIs and
middleware development and support using cloud platforms-AWS,
Pivotal Cloud foundry, Gemfire, API's.
- Experience required in Web-enabled application development,
Spring boot, Linux/Unix Navigation and Administration, Java script,
Java, HTML, CSSXML.
- Experience in Robotic Process Automation and Artificial
Intelligence technology platforms. Hands on experience in Python
- Knowledge of service management and service performance tools -
including ticket, change, and incident management.
- Successful experience managing service performance of
production environments with a focus on meeting/exceeding
established Service Level Objectives.
- Experience in monitoring products like Splunk, Wily and App
Dynamics is required Middleware experience in Tibco, Solace
messaging is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills in support of production issue
resolution and root cause identification.
- Strong organizational skills to manage a variety of work areas
and cross team engagements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability
to communication complex topics to a diverse audience
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , SRE - Service Reliability Engineer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!