DevOps Automation Engineer
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
DevOps Automation Engineer, AVP
The DevOps Engineer is an exciting new role which will enhance
our entire SRE/Production Management organization. The right
candidate will understand building and releasing, to coordinate
with global cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize and
facilitates requirements in support of Continuous Integration
projects/initiatives. Prior experience with DevOps Engineering
related to Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions, Platform
Automation and Build & release - will all serve to enhance your
performance in this role. We are seeking strong analytical skills
in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and
dynamic material from multiple sources.
- Work with stakeholders and infrastructure teams to deliver
transformational solutions leveraging Middleware IAC automation
- Partner with development and operation teams to facilitate
practical automation solutions and custom modules.
- Help in establishing DevOps Infrastructure automation model and
implementing automation with best practices.
- Develop IAC lightspeed pipelines to execute pattern playbooks
- Actively engage with application, Infrastructure and support
teams to ensure IAC patterns are widely adopted.
- Maintenance of automated tooling code in Jinja templates,
PowerShell, shell, groovy scripting, python or similar scripting
- Designing and implementing workflows to automate the
infrastructure release and upgrade process for applications in Dev,
UAT and Production environments.
- Strong knowledge on source code repository (GIT/Bit bucket/SVN
and Clear Case) including branching and merging strategies.
- Work closely with Application team to analyze, review and
clarify design and architecture on infrastructure implementation,
Build and Deploy automation.
- Document as-is state of environment, gap analysis, come up with
- POC of Tools, Techniques as desired, Evaluating and adopting
new tools to improve infrastructure build and release
- Ability to perform Root cause analysis and document - Incident
and Problem management.
Ansible experience is paramount
Python scripting advanced experience, we use scripting to
connect plans, we use python libraries, and we use python scripting
to connects to different APIs
- Experience with REST web services.
Awareness of how to to use python to invoke APIs
Terraform is optional
- 5+ years experience in DevOps, software configuration, Build,
Deployment , Release Management and Infrastructure Design is
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD systems like Jenkins, TeamCity and
Harness is required.
- basic level of experience required in groovy scripting (for
- Expert level understanding required in common container
technologies like Redhat openshift, AWS or google cloud.
- Strong level understanding in Unix Operating systems is
- 3+ Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Delivery
Solutions expertise. Knowledge of either: (Git/Stash, Udeploy)
- 2+ Years of experience in Repository Management tools
- Strong Documentations skills to prepare
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Nice to have:
- Expert level of experience required in automating middleware
infrastructure such as Kafka ,MQ, tibco, WebSphere etc.
- experience in monitoring tools like Appdynamics, Kibana and
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , DevOps Automation Engineer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!