Front End Supervisor (H)
Company: Fiesta Mart
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Front-End Managers are responsible for the overall operation of
a store's front-end, including the parking lot, entrance, lobby
areas (lotto, vendor areas, check-out, courtesy booth front, etc.),
and supervising the staff assigned to these areas (parking lot
attendants, sackers, checkers, restock clerks, maintenance).
Primary responsibility is to ensure that high standards of customer
service are maintained by front-end personnel.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Oversee the front-end during open hours; shift front-end
resources to areas in need of customer service (i.e., move sackers
from lane to lane; send help to the Lotto counter); direct
customers to available resources to provide excellent service.
- Observe interactions with customers and step in to facilitate
customer service as needed (approving exceptions, overriding system
errors, ensuring fast price checks, handling returns, resolving
customer inquiries and complaints, etc.). Resolve customer
complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- On a rotating basis with other front-end managers, responsible
for opening, crunch, closing, and overnight shifts, including
ensuring sufficient staff in each of the front-end areas; will be
responsible for ensuring that supplies and equipment for customer
service are ready and in place, that front-end areas are
well-organized, clean, and safe for customer traffic, and that core
processes are in place and staff is accomplishing desired outcomes
in an efficient manner.
- Observe the department for conditions that cause shrink
(restock items, overuse of bags, items left under shopping basket,
discounting, sliding, etc.) and take action to correct, including
reporting conditions and situations to Loss Prevention and/or the
Store Manager when appropriate.
- Make regular inspections of the front-end of the store to
ensure front-end staff is maintaining company standards as outlined
on the Front-End Checklist.
- When in charge of the store or as directed by Store Manager,
monitor conditions in the store and assist department managers in
taking remedial action when necessary to ensure company standards
for cleanliness, presentation, and service are achieved.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures as they relate to
front-end operation. Ensure that efficiency procedures are being
followed consistently; review checklists, coach, and enforce
adherence to established processes.
- Schedule and supervise special store activities such as store
tours, club parties, sidewalk sales, holiday promotions, etc.
- Monitor the parking lot periodically to ensure parking lot
attendants are collecting baskets regularly, maintaining parking
lot conditions, and ensuring that there are baskets available for
customers at the entrances.
- Maintain and coordinate a regular cleaning and housekeeping
program for the front-end area and direct front-end employees in
following the program. Direct maintenance staff in keeping
front-end areas clean and free of trash and spills.
- Interview candidates for front-end positions and assess
candidates against Fiesta's standards for customer service; hire
and/or recommend candidates for hire into front-end positions.
- Coordinate and ensure that selected candidates are smoothly
processed through the initial hiring process, including attendance
in orientation, and viewing of safety videos before beginning job
- Schedule, conduct or direct, and monitor training as designed
for each position
- Input new team members into the scheduling system. On a weekly
basis, using the front-end labor scheduling system, prepare a
front-end schedule that will ensure maximum customer service, while
taking into consideration the labor budget, and reasonable
scheduling needs of the front-end staff; review schedule with other
managers, make final adjustments, and post for staff.
- Monitor front-end schedule and personnel continuously during
store's open hours; note arrivals of team members; make adjustments
when team members fail to report; monitor customer flow and adjust
assignments to maintain high levels of customer service and
minimize unproductive expenditure of time; manage staff transitions
(on/off duty, breaks).
- Monitor the labor budget and make necessary adjustments so as
to meet budget expectations.
- Instruct checkers to prepare cash pick-ups in order to maintain
proper levels of cash in checkers' trays; ensure the security of
cash pick-ups by efficiently collecting the pick-ups, properly
transferring the cash out of checkers' trays; turning over cash
pick-ups to the booth without distraction.
- Assign supplemental duties to checkers as required (clean
front-end shelves, refill bags, refill each check-out drawer with
extra supplies, resupply weekly ads, collect and return hand
baskets to front door area, etc.).
- Ensure that checkers and sackers and others involved in price
checks follow proper steps to identify and record bad scan
information for Scan Coordinator to research and resolve; follows
up with Scan Coordinator on pricing problems identified by
checkers; when pricing problems occur with perishable products,
instruct booth staff to immediately make corrections in system so
that product can be returned to refrigeration.
- Evaluate performance of staff periodically (by means of
observation and feedback from other managers and customers) for
personnel actions such as retention, promotion, pay increase,
transfer, reward or dismissal of employees. Work to develop a
friendly atmosphere and good morale in the department; give
feedback (positive or negative) and recognition to employees on a
- Discuss with Store Manager any personnel situations or policy
violations that may have an adverse effect on department operating
performance or any situations that may require disciplinary action;
initiate disciplinary action or make recommendations as to
appropriate disciplinary action according to Fiesta's disciplinary
- Conduct periodic checker audits for overages and shortages.
Administer monthly checker tests to keep checkers current on
policies, procedures, and products.
- Secure and maintain the manager's cash tray; make change for
checkers; balance the tray.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures designed to protect the
company's assets are followed at all times; communicate policies
and expectations to employees; observe employee actions for
compliance; take action as necessary to correct behavior.
- Maintain strict adherence to security procedures, including key
control, password security, etc.; ensure that checkers and others
with password security do not share passwords or use others'
passwords to perform system operations that are above their own
security level. Keep the Store Manager and/or key staff members
informed of any unusual or unauthorized activity in and around the
- Assign responsibility for ordering front-end supplies (register
paper, ribbon, etc.) and monitor to ensure proper levels and proper
- Facilitate product transfers between departments or between
stores from time to time.
- Maintain a current Food Certification (recommended) and a
current TABC. license (required).
- Direct the preparation of the front-end for quarterly inventory
and monitor preparations in other departments, assisting when
- Actively participate in weekly department managers'
- Maintain familiarity with all local, state, and federal laws
and ensure compliance among checkers (liquor and tobacco sales, WIC
Secondary Job Duties:
- Knowledge of the front end computer systems to troubleshoot and
- Follow through on all new programs and policies and stay
current with changes in policies and procedures.
- Ensure that associates understand company policies and
procedures throughout the department and set an example which
exhibits these policies.
- Work with front end associates to correct areas of performance
that need attention; identify problems and make recommendations to
the store manager as appropriate.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene, and a
business attitude and professional image at all times.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED, some college preferred.
- Three to five years' experience in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service skills required; ability to make
decisions and provide direction.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%,
- Occasionally-Carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing up to 250 lbs.,
lifting up to 50 lbs., pulling up to 250 lbs., climbing up to 8
foot height, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching waist/overhead
level, and smelling.
- Frequently-Bending, balancing, stooping, and manual
- Continuously-standing on tile/concrete, walking on
tile/concrete, talking, seeing, and hearing.
Safety Risk Factors:
- Occasionally-Loud noise, slippery floor surface, hazardous
equipment, contact with sharp objects, contact with skin irritants,
toxic exposure(see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust,
fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Frequently-Twisting of back and neck and cluttered floor
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment is inside.
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Irving , Front End Supervisor (H), Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!