Dry Blend Operator- Night Shift
Posted on: June 7, 2021
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is
seeking a 3rd Shift Dry Blend Operator reporting to an Operations
Team Manager. This individual will work at the Dallas Plant located
in Irving, Texas.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company
manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes,
condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry
- retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We
create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched
quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter
where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick brings passion to flavor!
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees,
McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services.
Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance,
medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k),
profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the general supervision of a Production Team Manager, the
Dry Blend Operator will be responsible for the following:
- Set up and start automatic filling and packaging
- Continuously and repeatedly load packaging and raw
- Pack off finished product, perform checks on critical timing of
equipment, prepare equipment half an hour to one hour prior to
- Make product change-over, package size changes, minor and major
repairs on all equipment,
- Understand scheduling and can adequately perform in the absence
of the crew leader
- Be responsible for quality and quantity of production on a
- Document and record downtime and machine adjustments
- Understand and practice loss control of raw and packaging
- Assist in preventative maintenance duties with the assistance
of the maintenance team
- Follow detailed procedures and complete paperwork accurately to
ensure safe, consistent, and quality product,
- Work with teams to identify process issues and improvement
opportunities by actively participating in continuous improvement
- Actively promote safety and identify unsafe actions and
conditions through the use of a principle-based safety
- Perform other duties as required.
- Availability to work overtime daily and weekends.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the use of proper
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
- Ability to perform accurate data entry.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently and repeatedly.
- Experience following detailed procedures and completing
- Voluntary use of N95 loose fitting respirator/respiratory
- Flexibility to support / train across three shifts.
- Experience adhering to and following company, plant,
regulatory, and customer standards.
- One year experience working in a mechanical and/or
- Experience sanitizing food processing equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire
or in the future. You must be lawfully authorized to commence work
upon being offered employment.
Keywords: McCormick, Irving , Dry Blend Operator- Night Shift, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!