Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group
and practice management company. Established in 1953, our
organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital
medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and
women's and children's health services to hospitals and health
systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement
Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined
forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we
now provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia.
North Texas Perinatal Associates, P.A. (NTPA) was founded in
1991 and partnered with Sheridan Healthcare/Envision Physician
Services in 1997. Since its inception, NTPA has grown to become the
largest Maternal-Fetal Medicine private practice in North Texas
with nine physicians and 11 office locations spread throughout the
Dallas, TX area.
With our years of experience in advanced ultrasound technology,
fetal diagnosis and therapy, invasive and non-invasive
maternal-fetal screening and therapies, our commitment is to
provide supportive partnerships to physicians and their patients by
creating a compassionate environment of caring reassurance.
As our mission statement implies: "North Texas Perinatal
Associates is committed to turning high-risk pregnancies into
North Texas Perinatal Associates is the largest Maternal-Fetal
Medicine private practice in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and we are
currently hiring for a Per Diem Genetic Counselor to work in our
Irving office. The Genetic Counselor I is responsible for
administrating consultative services and activities to asses any
risks and testing for certain birth defects or genetic disorders.
The counselor coordinates all Genetic Counseling efforts in order
to facilitate and promote best outcomes and reporting for patients
and referral parties.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
- Provides genetic counseling to individuals and families at risk
for hereditary disorders.
- Assesses recurrence risks and recommends medical or genetic
testing based on analysis of the risk, benefit, and cost.
- Reviews implications with the patient and provides crisis
intervention regarding unexpected genetic conditions.
- Educates physicians and health professionals and ensures
appropriate patient referral and care.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company's code of conduct, ethics
statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other
corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate
compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or
other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting
policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use
the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or
Legal Department to do so
- Support and abide by the values of the company
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and
ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- performs a variety of tasks.
- A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Strong grammar, writing and verbal skills
- Master's Degree from Board Accredited Program in Genetics and
certification, or eligible for certification, as Genetic Counselor
by American Board of Medical Genetics or American Board of Genetic
- 2-4 or more years of related experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent grammar, spelling and copy editing
- Competent in using a computer and internet
Certificates and Licenses (if applicable)
- Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of
Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetics
To be considered, candidates must submit verifiable prior
employment for the past seven years including title, dates of hire
and salary history and will be subject to a criminal background
check. Education is also verified.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the
employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more
about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please
Envision Physician Services. is an Equal Opportunity