Senior Platform Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: June 7, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
We are honored that you are considering Visible as your next
place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless
carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most
innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited
messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon's Network. Visible is
designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign
up for and manage their phone service.Although headquartered in
Denver, we have a permanent Work from Home Structure, and our team
members work remotely.
Visible is building a next generation cloud mobile network
platform, pushing the boundaries of the traditional mobile carrier.
We're looking for innovative engineers who are passionate about
writing code and unafraid of solving big problems. This Senior
Platform Engineer role on our Member Experience engineering team
will contribute to the design and development of the platform and
services that keep our members happy. You will bring creative ideas
and energy to the team, take calculated risks with a bias to
action, and challenge our thinking with an action-forward team
- Lead backend application development - collaborate with and
delegate development across onshore and offshore resources.
- Leverage expertise in Vlocity's domain-specific capabilities
such as CPQ, EPC, Order Management, Service Orchestrations,
- Implement Salesforce's Sales, Service and/or Marketing cloud
solutions as well as Visualforce, Lightning, and Apex (including
commensurate certifications) technologies.
- Facilitate integration and testing using Workbench, Postman,
and modern observability tools (e.g. Splunk, New Relic,
- Ensure backend services go through the appropriate DevOps
processes; influence process improvement.
- Design and develop clean, salable interfaces for client/server
integration exposed through RESTful or GraphQL APIs, and service to
service integration via gRPC.
- Impact analysis and architecture design - Assess e2e impact of
requirements on existing architecture; architecture, solutioning,
and development for core backend components within Visible and Rock
platforms to meet business/product requirements.
- Exercise mastery of the architectural principles of web
platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered
infrastructure and application servers.
- Lead system integration with internal and third-party
microservices and platforms.
- Leverage knowledge of the security processes, standards &
issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications.
- Maintain and enhance monolith functionality in the Vlocity
platform, implementing Salesforce's Sales, Service and/or Marketing
Cloud Solutions and Visualforce, Lightning, and Apex.
- Tight collaboration with our global delivery teams.
- Partner closely with business, product and technology team
- Contribute to building a positive, can-do, culture of
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience with implementing Salesforce CRM technical solution,
including all aspects of configuration, customization, and
- Experience working with the Vlocity platform (including
hands-on work designing and configuring Omniscript,
- Advanced architectural and development experience.
- Knowledge of Java and Microservices.
- In-depth understanding of the principles of network,
application and information security.
- Understanding of frontend web and mobile application
architectures and frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of competitive cloud offerings in the market
and ability to discuss cloud architectures.
- Knowledge of Marketing Cloud Solutions.
- Mobile carrier / Telco experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Senior Platform Engineer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!