Architecture Lead Analyst
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
- Citi's North America Consumer Bank Engineering and Architecture
function is responsible for strategic and operational management of
the technology environment supporting Citi's Global Consumer
Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the GCT E&A
include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation,
strategy and roadmap development; software development technology,
process and design standards; collaboration and execution with
development operations (DevOps) strategy and operational management
and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI.
- Data and Information Architecture will be comprised of domain
experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and
strategy pertaining to Consumer Banking products like Retail /
Wealth, Cards / Customer, Lending / Utilities, Risk and Payments
using standard exposition.
- This role will report directly to the Data and Information
Architecture Head. The person will be a Senior Analyst / Architect
responsible for the Consumer Data and Analytics domain across the
North America Retail / Wealth, Credit Cards and Lending lines of
business, and architecting linkages with other sectors. The
selected candidate will orchestrate a forward-looking technology
plan to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed)
capabilities at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to develop market insight,
perform competitive assessments, understand and inform business and
technology strategy, document the reference architecture and
maintain a roadmap of capabilities that align with Business drivers
and investments. The candidate will have a strategic view for their
domain while influencing other investment decisions and driving
execution of the roadmap pertaining to the Data and Analytics
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on
technology trends / opportunities, alternate solution providers and
ranking, leading practices and our position / capabilities /
performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries
/ organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within
the context of expected market developments and the opportunities /
threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive
business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our
technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence
business strategy, ensuring it's informed by current and emerging
technology capabilities and supported by our Enterprise
architecture patterns and roadmap.
- Maintain domain Level comprehensive technology roadmaps
encompassing application and related infrastructure services that
are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in
accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite,
and regulatory / risk / compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain
economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential
impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology
financial objectives. Highlight and mitigate financial risks.
- Provide domain leadership within regional architecture forums,
ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap for the data and
analytics domain are informed by practical requirements and that
design decisions remain consistent with the Enterprise architecture
patterns and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions
with stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are
met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster a strong regionally-aligned solutions architect / design
community with intimate knowledge of reference architecture and
roadmap, and oversee a governance process that will ensure
reference architecture and roadmaps remain relevant within regional
context and central to individual investment and project
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. Citi
Engineering) in the development of the reference architecture and
roadmap. Ensure planned capabilities can be satisfied by partner
organizations within the timeframe required. Assist in managing the
consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Develop talent within the Data and Information Architecture
team and partner organizations such as engineering and delivery
teams; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork,
respect and collaboration across the Chief Technology Office (CTO)
function and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of
innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control
requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of the risk
affecting all areas of Engineering and Architecture responsibility,
with structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Drive capability reuse with point of convergence as the success
measure. Partner with product engineering heads to develop Data and
Analytics domain roadmaps, adoption of real-time streaming / Hadoop
platform as well as Cloud-based SaaS / PaaS / IaaS offerings.
- Drive Cloud adoption and leverage cloud enabled technologies
and toolsets within the Data and Analytics domain.
- 5+ years in technology / engineering leadership roles within
financial services or a related industry; specific experience in
strategy development, enterprise and / or solutions architecture
and systems integration in a complex distributed environment,
employing a mix of modern and legacy technologies.
- Functional and technical knowledge within the assigned or
related domain developed through practical experience in defining
and delivering technology solutions within a global and diverse
financial services environment.
- Current and in-depth Data and Analytics domain market insights.
In-depth hands-on knowledge in Confluent Kafka-based streaming
platform, Cloudera Hadoop-based analytical platform and cloud
technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS).
- Strongly developed strategic, analytical and communication
skills evidenced by experience in formulating strategic scenarios,
evaluating trade-offs within a robust commercial framework,
developing related financial models and designing practical
- Experience in architecture roles within a complex commercial
environment including assisting in setting architectural
principles, helping define the reference architecture, building
technology roadmaps aligned with business plans and helping to
institute governance to ensure alignment of investment to strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability
to engage and influence technology and business stakeholders at
most levels within an organization on complex technical and
- Proven ability to assist in attracting, developing, engaging
and sustaining world-class engineering / technical talent; build
collaborative higher performing teams and foster a culture of
innovation and excellence.
- Experience in the delivery of Kafka / Hadoop-based
- Knowledge of and experience in current technologies, including,
but not limited to SaaS / PaaS / IaaS, MicroServices, Containers,
RESTful API's, Big Data, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
/ Machine Learning.
- Experience with Python and Machine Learning models leveraging
H2O.ai, R or SAS is a plus.
- Experience with relational and no-sql databases (e.g. Oracle,
MongoDB, HBASE, etc.).
- Experience with Data Modeling and Data Lifecycle including data
quality, lineage and traceability.
- Experience in Customer Journey Analytics, Marketing Decision
Engines and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience in formulating and executing commercial arrangements
for products and / or services is a plus.
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs,
financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies,
products, processes, systems and roles.
The successful candidate will possess the following leadership /
- Be creative, energetic and passionate, driven by the desire to
achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional
- Be an intelligent risk taker; be someone who challenges the
status quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and the
confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of
- Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balance strategic
vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and
- Span boundaries to draw into Citi the best possible insight,
experience and technology capabilities from current and potential
- Be disciplined in execution, retain tight governance over
multiple dimensions of performance, and ensure commitments are
understood and met.
- Be an outstanding leader of people, who is able to create a
compelling vision and deeply engage with, inspire and motivate
others to achieve goals beyond their own expectations.
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Architecture Lead Analyst, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!