HPS Account Manager II
Posted on: June 8, 2021
HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We
fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to
healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and
powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers
reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance.
We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health.
Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping
people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills
and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a
difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Health Plan Solutions
Account Manager II who is responsible for the management of at
least one account or significant project. Responsible for managing
the client contract, relationship management, and ensuring that HMS
operations perform according to contractual commitments. The
Account Manager is also responsible for revenue generating
activities and upselling new services to existing clients to
achieve contract and corporate financial goals.
- Prepares, monitors, and manages budget and revenue expectations
for assigned client(s).
- Works with client(s) to develop project approach and
- Oversees development and implementation.
- Reports to management on progress toward strategic account
growth and business goals.
- Communicates/interfaces regularly with client(s).
- Directs HMS contract operations to ensure successful delivery
of services to client(s).
- Identifies and continually seeks new sources of revenue.
- Builds relationships with internal and external staff to ensure
client expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Manages client relationship; responsible for ensuring client
- Identifies sales opportunities and assists the account
management team with successful close of sale (including proposal
- Monitors state legislative, regulatory, and competitive
environment and alerts management to risks and opportunities.
- May oversee additional account management staff (i.e. Account
- Supports collaboration between account management team,
internal departments and operations staff.
- Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be careful and thorough about detail.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to
address work-related issues and problems.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and follow up
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate.
- Ability to manage expectations, resolve problems, and develop
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Excel, Word,
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving
objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and
- May be required to work extended hours for special business
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- Without bachelor's degree, 7 years relevant work experience
with experience in one of the following areas preferred:
- Health insurance
- Client service/business to business
- Healthcare policy
- Industry with high level of compliance (i.e. Finance)
- Large client management
- With Bachelor's degree, 3 years of relevant experience
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
HMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer who
offers a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a disable veteran or veteran of the
Keywords: HMS, Irving , HPS Account Manager II, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!