The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
Assistant Vice President - Operations Auto Liability
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be responsible for the technical and
operational functions for assigned office(s) including compliance
with company standards and industry best practices; to ensure
consistent delivery of quality services including direct
operational responsibility of an office in the location where the
manager resides; to handle the staffing and training needs, as well
as staff development, career and succession planning; and to be
responsible for budget preparation and profit and loss management
for assigned office(s). Has direct and/or indirect responsibility
for 100-299 colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall operations management for all
locations/offices within an area.
- Establishes policy and procedures to assure compliance to best
practices, claims management services standards, state regulations,
and client service requirements.
- Establishes business plan with goals and objectives for the
assigned area and locations/offices.
- Monitors management reports relating to the area/office
- Assists with the coordination of sales and client service
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned,
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows
company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance
development plans; conducts colleague performance reviews.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to
promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred. CPCU, ARM, AIM, and/or AIC certifications preferred.
Licenses as required.
Ten (10) years claims management experience or equivalent
combination of education and experience required to include four
(4) years supervisory experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong technical claims knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent
judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and
discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to
handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background
credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a
colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to
constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local
variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change
the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free