Manager, Non-Product Software Quality Assurance
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that
helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of
Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you
accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We're
empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help
transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life.
Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott's
diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for
a Manager, Non-Product Software Quality Assurance. The incumbent
will be the Division Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Non-Product
Software as well as Core Lab Process Owner for quality systems
and/or sub-systems related to Non-Product Software. This team
member will direct multi-site division wide activities to
accomplish quality system objectives and goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Functions as the SME for the Division for Non-Product
- Identifies and recruits staffing resources to support division
Non-Product software activities.
- Manages Division-level, professional staff to achieve Division
goals and strategic initiatives.
- Interprets regulations and requirements and implements programs
and procedures to meet requirements worldwide.
- Primary Division contact for domestic/international sites and
affiliates regarding quality systems, and/or quality subsystems
and/or key processes.
- Frequently represents Abbott Core Lab during internal and
external inspections such as FDA; ISO and AQR.
- Is an expert within the company in the Software Lifecycle
process and represents Core Lab on Corporate initiatives and
- Establishes and delivers training programs for Non-Product
Software for Sites, Division and Corporate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a science, technical and/or
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Medical device industry or
other FDA regulated industry experience.
- Experience with cybersecurity and IVD's
- Experience managing global and remote teams
- Minimum of 2 years Abbott experience preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Irving , Manager, Non-Product Software Quality Assurance, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!