Software Engineer/ Java and Microservices
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your
contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and
upload your current resume when submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put
our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking
candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with
outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of
customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it's buying a
home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making
important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides
important credit products and services that help our customers
succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and
Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and
Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across
Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that
help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer
Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it
simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they
need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country
through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking
branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital
The candidate will be responsible for helping support and build
Retail Lending Java middle-ware applications for multiple lines of
business, including Credit Card. They will assist in supporting
existing services as well as designing and implementing new
business solutions, providing application deployment guidance and
consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable
technology, tools and existing designs. This individual will work
with technical leads, business analysts, system analysts, DBA's,
infrastructure and other cross-department teams to evaluate
business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions.
Additional daily tasks include but are not limited to the
- Closely partnering with projects, Business Analysts and
Developers on application definition, design, development,
integration, testing and support of reliable and reusable Java
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate
technical specifications to design or redesign complex software
components and applications for middleware.
- Independent Hands-on Development - Maintains existing services
and applications, and develops new, highly complex original code
while practicing test-driven development and taking end-to-end
ownership of your part of the functionality.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation
and analysis efforts and provides coding direction to less
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex
problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry
best practices (including scalability, availability,
maintainability, and flexibility).
- Test-driven development: Verify system logic by unit testing
and debugging during development and QA cycles.
- Work with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and
database) stress testing, performance analysis and tuning.
- Support systems testing and migration of platforms and
applications to production. This includes after hours and weekend
support typically four times per year (quarterly).
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures
and user guides .
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are
- Work within our existing frameworks, but help improve them by
staying current with J2EE development, architecture and database
technologies to improve software quality, efficiency and ease of
- Accurately estimate software development, testing, deployment
and conversion time-frames.
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal
team members in order to contribute positively to updates and
changes to the application.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5 + years of Core Java experience
- 2+ years of XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- 2+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Relational Database
Management Systems (RDBMS) such a SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of credit card industry experience
- 4+ years of application production support experience
- 5+ years of J2EE experience
- 4+ years of JDBC experience
- 4+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide
information technology solutions
Other Desired Qualifications
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud
integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and
Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project
development and testing lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a
- Ability to mentor and train less senior staff
- 3 + years of experience developing Single Page Architecture
JQuery, or with frameworks Such as Angular.JS or HTML 5
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon
the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
for benefits information.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Irving , Software Engineer/ Java and Microservices, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!