Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and
innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced,
high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one
of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee and Big Bite. "Brain Freeze"
is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee and
with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or
food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has
been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience
in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View
Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can
Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide
the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
About This Opportunity
This position will be responsible for applying for grants as
well as management of ongoing rebate and incentive programs at the
state, local, and utility levels. This includes planning,
researching, prospecting, writing and securing funds from a variety
of sources. Included responsibilities are submitting timely and
accurate grants, proposals, applications, and reports for all
grants. This position will also be responsible for evaluating
financials for all projects purposed as well as doing financial
analytics, including pricing, for all 7-Eleven operational electric
While this position is prefered to be in DFW, it can be remotely
- Manage and write all electric vehicle grants, reports and
evaluations in collaboration with other key stakeholders to assist
in growing 7-Eleven's Electric Vehicle Program.
- Analyze the project budgets and make recommendations on
applying and accepting grants at store locations.
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand all grant
requirements to allow proper business evaluation.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare
monthly records for all grant related activities.
- Evaluate financials for EV projects.
- Evaluate pricing for EV locations.
- Bachelors/4 Year Degree.
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- 1+ years management experience.
- PMP preferred
- Leader who can manage, coach and teach others but also capable
of working independently.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of applications and
thorough working knowledge of database concepts and common
- Strong project management, facilitation, and negotiation
- Thorough working knowledge of energy related engineering
specifications for small box retail or similar applications.
- Minimum of three years' experience with federal, private and
corporate grant writing.
- Experience with proposal writing.
- Written communication skills: ability to write clear,
structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and
- Strong editing, research, logic, commons sense, presentation,
and writing skills.
- Aggressive attention to detail.