Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast,
accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic
tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and
transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare
operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation
and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood
centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, Texas currently has an opportunity for a
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- HOURS: M-F, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm (Eligible for Overtime Pay + Cash
Profit Sharing Bonus); Note: After completion of training, this
position will then turn into a 2nd shift position, Hours: 3:00 pm -
10:30 pm (Eligible for Overtime Pay + 2nd shift differential pay +
Cash Profit Sharing Annual Bonus).
- Preventive maintenance, repair and installation of commercial
HVAC equipment which may include Chillers, Boilers, Air Handling
Units, Air Compressors, Cooling Towers and use of complex Building
Management System software for system controls.
- Use and train others in the use of all trade specific tools
including gauges and refrigerant recovery and management
- Use computer hardware/software to enter, retrieve, maintain and
- Use sophisticated electronic measurement instruments and other
specialized equipment for troubleshooting purposes.
- Interpret complex drawings, specifications and schematics.
- Ensure compliance with preventive maintenance procedures.
- Review layouts and calculate project time, labor, material
types and usage.
- Maintain spare parts inventory. Re-order inventory to prevent
- Interpret required codes and regulations and adhere to all
- Work can be physically challenging with exposure to noise,
fumes, dust, odors, etc. Work is subject to difficult physical
activity such as awkward body positions, standing, lifting,
bending, concentrated reading of diagrams, and prolonged machine
- This position requires a high degree of interaction with
internal customers, external vendors, and the entire Facilities
- Identify process improvement and cost savings initiatives.
Technical Diploma. 1+ years of experience
High School diploma. Trade certificate or associate degree
5+ years' work experience with 2 years of experience in
commercial HVAC equipment repair and maintenance preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Pension Plan
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Irving , HVAC Technician, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!