Digital S/W Eng Sr Analyst - iOS
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
The Digital S/W Engineer Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional
role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the
development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and
work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and
industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth
understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the
sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives
of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex
and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where
development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing
various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting
situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good
analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate
potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources.
Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly
assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in
coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms
of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through
advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of
specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are
directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Accountable for executing and driving mid-size feature
application design and development efforts to completion, serving
as a development lead on medium-scale projects and supporting the
execution of larger efforts.
- Proficient at operating with considerable autonomy and
discretion as you will significantly influence the way an
application is designed and developed by providing subject specific
expertise and an advanced level of understanding of application
- Sought after due to ability to analyze and troubleshoot coding,
application performance and design challenges.
- Capable of research in root cause of development and
performance concerns as well as the resolution of defects.
- Have a deep understanding of the technical requirements for the
solutions being built.
- Understand engineering needs including those required to build,
maintain, and operate the system through all phases of its
- Proficient in information modeling, data structures and
- Understand maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and
dependencies that exist in support of your system's software. These
dependencies will include but not limited to: hardware, platform,
operating system, performance and load requirements, as well as
contingencies with upstream and downstream systems.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of supported main system
flows and possess a comprehensive understanding of how the system
and others (i.e. architecture or infrastructure) collectively
integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
Using this expertise, assist with the development of standards for
coding, testing, debugging and implementation. This will ensure
application design adheres to the overall architecture
- Participate in design discussions as a Development Lead and as
such will play the part of a key decision maker in driving design
decisions. This is evidenced by your knowledge of the application
code details and your experience with the technology and teams
- Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance only as needed as
the development and delivery strategy is defined; the design is
- Exhibit the ability to turn complex application design into a
well written application.
- Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user
experience design components that support our Digital architecture
and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps
identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development
velocity and our learnings.
- Participates in the full development life cycle, identify
dependencies between agile and waterfall delivery, working within
broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and
software quality needs
- Directly impact the business by influencing strategic
functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
This will require persuading and influencing others through strong
and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide
escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate
issues/risks at multiple levels.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog
to resolve them.
- Work across teams to optimize processes.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and
improved mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays
aligned with organization objectives.
- Continuously assess development processes, test plans, and
- Work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery.
- Streamline and / or eliminate excess process in any area of
architecture, build, delivery, production operations environment,
or business area where the same efforts (or issues) are repeated
- Share knowledge with the team in various forums (brown bags,
engineering forums etc.) and demonstrate a higher level of
knowledge through industry certifications
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Design, develop and enhance iOS application
- Support implementation of programs (or components of programs)
to meet business discretionary needs
- Support implementation of projects (or components of projects)
to meet business plan of record
- Work with CTO to implement design charters in order for
application enhancements to be compliant with technology
- Develop a thorough understanding of business
- Maintain documentation standards and versioning control
Adherence to security and compliance standards
- 5-8 years in a product development/product management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology
- Experience in affecting large culture change
- Experience leading infrastructure programs
- Skilled at working with third party service providers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Four plus years' experience developing mobile applications with
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C, Xcode and latest iOS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, excellent communication skills
-Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently
and as part of a team to develop solutions
- Professional maturity in dealing with all levels of management
- Ability to understand customer needs and manage
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience developing software with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and/or experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Experience in using RTC and Bitbucket for Source control and
RTC and JIRA for Work item management
- Knowledge and/or experience with micro services (Sprint Boot,
GemFire, Undertow etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with cloud-based development with
Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS is a plus
- Android development knowledge is Plus
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Digital S/W Eng Sr Analyst - iOS, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!