Digital S/W Engineer Sr Manager
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
The Digital S/W Engineer Sr Mgr accomplishes results through the
management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates
subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires
in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within
the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the
objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial
awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are
required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in
particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external
customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and
delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for
planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of
expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full
management responsibility of a team, which may include management
of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as
performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and
terminations and may include budget approval.
- Possess the ability to continuously build a network of talent
inside and outside of the company.
- Create mechanisms to help onboard new talent to the
organization and be able to mentor others.
- Effectively coach and give feedback to direct reports to help
develop talent and support career development
- While managing the team you will be able to apply performance
standards and identify resource needs for the team in order to set
and balance goals across team to optimize performance against
department goals and employee development. This will include the
ability to describe strategic importance of vision inside and
outside of the team and to set and articulate expectations around
leadership behavior; including role model behavior that exemplifies
Citi's leadership principles.
- Design, implement, and deploy software components and solve
difficult problems generating positive feedback.
- Have a solid understanding of development approaches (and how
to best use them).
- Able to work independently and with your team to deliver
- Deliver work that is consistently of a high quality (e.g.,
secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and
incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- Code reviews tend to be rapid and uneventful; provide useful
code reviews for changes submitted by others.
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying
problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve
your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
- Make improvements to your team's development and testing
- Have established good working relationships with team-mates and
peers working on related software.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive
dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to confidently train new team-mates about your customers,
what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested,
operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role
or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with
subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding
broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citi's internal
and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company
through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures,
distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to
lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS
PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology - including
innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code
performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Relocation to Irving is required; relocation cost will be
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Digital S/W Engineer Sr Manager, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!