Head of Data Visualization (Director)
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million
customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and
jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our
clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable
growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our
clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the
highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the
communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven
team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in
top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional
candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in
unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience
for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership
Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as
a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers
Overview of the Role
Part of the Global Consumer Bank data leadership to deliver the
key cross-functional data platforms that create strategic and
transformational value for our customers, partners, and employees
with next gen data technologies. Understands business processes,
design, architecture and deployment across multiple data
technologies and integrations with necessary controls. Lead
strategy, target state, quick wins and target roadmaps and the
execution for business-critical data platforms to address
projects/value streams by leveraging world class data techniques.
The Technology Function Grp Mgr manages team of senior
professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a
broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems,
theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical
experience of multiple business domains. Citi is seeking a Data
Visualization and Analytics Director to manage the operational and
technical components of data visualization and dashboard
development for the real time dashboard and insights development.
The Data Visualization and Analytics Director will develop
processes and strategies to consolidate, automate, and improve
reporting and dashboards. Responsibilities include conceptualizing,
designing, and building engaging information graphics and data
visualizations that advance GCB priorities. They will translate new
insights and analytics to multiple audiences, using graphics,
visualization. Collating and analyzing large datasets to help
extract, analyze, predict and communicate the findings clearly. The
Data Visualization and Analytics Director will write reports laying
out data-driven findings and researching and creating storyboards
as part of the design exploration process working on the technology
solutions that meet business needs of varying complexity.
- Manage the operational and technical components of data
visualization and dashboard development for GCB.
- Develop processes and strategies to consolidate, automate, and
improve reporting and dashboard.
- Develop real time analytics, visualizations, and
- Lead a team of data analysts who will conduct varied analytical
work to optimize data supply chain functionality, resulting in cost
and efficiency gains for GCB across all regions
- Present data-driven findings and create storyboards working
closely with the UI design teams.
- Provide vision, leadership and direction for Data Analytics
across GCT. Serve as the global voice to gain alignment on and
drive execution of strategy. Ensure organizational
effectiveness/accountability, global optimizations, and superior
products / services within an environment of continuous learning &
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset in order to
attract a deep and diverse talent pool within the organization that
includes effective coaching and development.
- Ultimate accountability for a robust Data Analytics
environment. This includes driving excellence in engineering
capabilities, automation, monitoring, risk mitigation, compliance
- Evaluate opportunities and enable measurable improvements
quickly and best utilize resources, while building an automation
roadmap that matches strategy and direction. Effectively scale
regional solutions globally where appropriate.
- Responsible to work with senior leaders in Data and Analytics
team to design future proof solutions that have sustainable data
practices for data engineering, standardization, modeling and
- The Leader is responsible to define the strategy for the data
capabilities, including the business architecture, processes,
sub-capabilities required and target state
- Manage best-in-class quality and simplification methodology and
governance of process management.
- Establish and maintain a high performing, open culture based on
integrity and strong partnership and financial responsibility.
- Works with the business units CIO's and regions to receive
buy-in to the business strategy, target state, and execution
- Coordinates the detailed gap assessments from the business
units and regions and support the their plans to adopt the
- Coordinates with the Enterprise Architecture and technology
areas of Citi the target state tech architecture, system impacts,
delivery and test plans.
- Defines an assessment catalogue and KPI`s to measure the
maturity of those capabilities per BU and region and execution
- Strong interaction with Technology teams. Represent GCT on key
Senior Management forums at Regional and Global levels, including
Risk, O&T and Finance.
- Act as the focal point for Technology leaders in knowing,
understanding and synthesizing the state of the control
environment. Ensure effective controls are in place across the
The ideal candidate will come from a financial services
organization and be a visionary leader in risk & control,
automation and monitoring. Bachelor degree in computer science,
business or a related field. Masters degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience, with 10+ years' managerial experience,
including experience leading large, cross-functional teams across
engineering, program management, risk & control, and data
- Financial service acumen & or experience to lead large cross
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and
- Ability to accurately determine length and difficulty of tasks
- Has a strategic perspective; looks toward the broadest possible
view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios;
can think globally; and can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of
issues and project them into the future
- Understanding from multiple countries the data management
regulations, best practices and how it impacts the financial
services industry while driving value out of high-quality
- Experience in affecting large culture change.
- Ability to work with seamlessly with remote teams
- Capability to define a well thought out organizational strategy
and execute on an associated operational plan.
- Leadership skills: individual leadership, change leadership,
mentorship, motivation, coaching and development, and the ability
to galvanize the support of others where possible.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace
change without frustration.
- Delivery of high-quality strategic large-scale projects.
- Ability to manage senior staff as well as manage staff remotely
across multiple locations, time zones and cultures.
- Demonstrated track record and ability to influence external
- Experience leading re-organization and uniting teams to work
- Ability to handle constant pressure and juggle multiple
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Understanding of the agile software development processes and
lifecycle with understanding of financial impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a Team of executives for
- Self-directed, effective at prioritizing tasks, managing time,
organizing people and getting things done.
- Excellent organization skills; must be able to manage disparate
tasks, project plans and ad-hoc teams without solid lines of
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills
- must have ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business
- Exceptional influencing skills with sound judgment and
- A rounded knowledge of operations organization in a large
scale, complex organization is critical.
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and
develop experts from leading organizations across the globe.
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others
to deliver on an ambitious, complex, global roadmap.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the
most savvy business / executive leader.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and
understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding
communications and interpersonal skills.
- Take the lead on the design, implementation, and successful
delivery of large-scale data analytics capabilities.
- Extensive experience in data management and bank regulatory
reporting needs including deep understanding in Data Engineering,
Distributed technologies and Internal cloud technologies like Open
shift, PCF, Big Data platforms like Hadoop, demonstrated
understanding of Data Analytics in a must.
- Pragmatic problem solver, applying judgment and experience to
balance trade-offs between competing interests. You are flexible,
adapting your approach to meet the needs of the organization.
- Play a significant role in the career development of
- Keep abreast of industry trends. You effectively research and
benchmark our technology against other competitors in the industry.
You understand that many problems are not essentially new.
- Capable of driving change across a large global organization
through thoughtful planning, building productive relationships and
- Be creative and passionate, driven by a desire for innovation
and creation of an amazing client experience - smart risk taking -
outside the box thinking.
- Able to understand organization's goals, capabilities and gaps
to gain alignment on a successful strategy.
- Thinks and acts both globally and regionally to identify
scalable solutions and promote alignment of strategies while
allowing for market differences.
- Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress,
embraces change and challenges the status quo.
- Stays up to date with industry trends and brings industry
knowledge to Citi while exemplifying a transformational
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and act upon unique insights
and apply them to solve unmet needs and an expertise
leveraging/synthesizing competitor, emerging technology, and other
marketplace trends to draw out implications to support the team's
overall mission and goals.
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Head of Data Visualization (Director), Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!