Business Risk Officer
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Business Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays
abreast of developments within own field and contributes to
directional strategy by considering their application in own job
and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within
the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are
typically multiple people within the business that provide the same
level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and
diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and
convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and
occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area
through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related
to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an
entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and
effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and
control programs for the organization including defining the
strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that
provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Establishes quarterly audit process of attributes to ensure
proper calculation and control.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes
recommendations on improving practices.
- Develops procedural implementation and change management
process with Operations and Reporting team to ensure proper
governance and controls exist.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to
regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Conducts internal testing of dispute processes to ensure
- Monitors exceptions to dispute policy and identifies drivers of
- Leverages data to examine impacts to Customer Experience and
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in Business Risk &
- MS Excel, MS Access, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic a plus. 5+ years'
experience in financial services.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Third party vendor management preferred. Demonstrated ability
to lead global team efforts
- Excellent problem solving skills Ability to see the big
pictures with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and
process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience,
potentially Masters degree
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Business Risk Officer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!