Security Operations Center (SOC) Cyber Security Fraud Analyst (VP)
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
The Security Operations Center Cyber Fraud Analyst will be part
of the SOC Team. The team monitors, analyzes and responds to cyber
fraud threats on a 24x7 basis.
- The analyst performs monitoring, research, assessment and
analysis of Digital Fraud Attacks leveraging various Security Event
Monitoring platforms including Web Threat Detection, Real Time
Fraud Risk Assessment, Big Data and Digital Application Monitoring
tools (ArcSight, Splunk, SAS, Teradata, and enterprise real time
fraud detection tools.). Previous experience in cyber security
operations or incident response is required.
- Follow Pre-defined actions to handle BAU and High severity
issues including escalating to other support groups.
- Execute daily ad-hoc tasks or lead small projects as
- Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance
Indicators and weekly and monthly metrics.
- Perform assessment as well as troubleshooting to help isolate
technical issues with the integration of fraud monitoring
- Participate in daily and ad-hoc conference calls to manage
quality assurance and documentation related tasks.
- Identify areas for tuning use cases to enhance monitoring
- Engage with Fraud Policy, Operations, Strategy and other teams
for early detection, prevention and mitigation of detected
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience working in the security & operations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Strong knowledge of current Cyber Fraud trends including common
Account Takeover techniques and banking malware.
- Deep understanding of Intrusion Detection analysis (TCP/IP,
packet level analysis) as well as Application Layer Protocols
(HTTP). Advanced understanding of various operating systems
(Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (focusing on Internet
- Knowledge of cutting-edge threats and technologies affecting
- Experience with Big Data Technologies, ETL Tools, Data
Warehouse and Business Intelligence technologies is preferred.
- Experience with any scripting language (Python, Perl, VBScript)
is a plus.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment as well as penetration
testing or forensic analysis fields is a plus
- Certifications from EC-Council, GIAC, (ISC) are preferred
[CISSP, C|EH, GCIA, CCNA].
This job description provides a high-level review of the types
of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Security Operations Center (SOC) Cyber Security Fraud Analyst (VP), Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!