*EDS Global Data Architect (R2185608)-C14
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
The Architecture Group Manager is accountable for management of
complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and
directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive
understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they
interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical
contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity.
Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to
one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication
skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable
for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources,
policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function.
Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources
for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple
teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to
include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary
actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Design AWS and Hadoop deployment architectures (with features
such as high availability, scalability, resiliency, failover,
RTO/RPO, Time travel, process isolation, load-balancing, workload
- Design process automation integrations
- Lead migration of data sources from Oracle, Teradata/ Netezza
based technology to AWS and Hadoop infrastructure
- Lead transition from monolithic to micro service based
engineering solutions, perform code reviews of existing monolithic
applications, Identify logical components, flatten and refactor
components, identify component dependencies, design API for remote
- Perform security and compliance assessment for AWS and Hadoop
- Contribute to Application Deployment Framework (requirements
gathering, project planning, etc.)
- Evaluate capacity for new application on-boarding into a large
scale Hadoop cluster and AWS instance
- Publish and enforce AWS and Hadoop best practices,
configuration recommendations, usage design/patterns, and cookbooks
to developer community.
- 8+ years overall IT experience.
- 8+ years of advanced experience with HDFS, Spark, MapReduce,
Hive, HBase, Impala, Java, KAFKA, Linux, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka,
Java, Oracle DB, SQL, Ab Initio, Oozie, Bitbucket
- 5+ years Experience with Red Hat Linux, UNIX Shell Scripting,
Java, RDBMS, NoSQL, and ETL solutions.
- 5+ years Extensive experience with US Regulators, Federal
Reserve Bank, OCC and SEC Reporting obligations
- 5+ years Experience with Local Regulatory Reporting in EMEA,
APAC and LATAM
- 4+ years Experience AWS PaaS, Oracle DB, JSON, Python, SVN,
GitHub, Odyssey, JIRA, Proprietary Softwares (RDx Dataflow
Orchestration, Quant Calculation Framework, Risk Data Language,
Risk Data Algebra)
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and Big Data solutions and
- 2+ years Hadoop application infrastructure engineering and
development methodology background.
- 2+ years experience with Cloudera distribution (CDH) and
Cloudera Manager is preferred.
- 2+ years experience installing, troubleshooting, and tuning the
- 2+ years experience with hybrid cloud architecture including
exposure to public cloud platforms such as AWS, Snowflake, GCP,
- 2+ years experience managing vendor interactions for trouble
shooting sessions, enhancement requests, and guiding vendor
roadmaps to meet Citi standards and functional requirements.
- Experience with full Hadoop SDLC deployments with associated
administration and maintenance functions.
- Experience developing Hadoop integrations for data ingestion,
data mapping and data processing capabilities.
- Experience with designing data architecture solutions that make
use of enterprise infrastructure components and integrate with the
data eco-tier of the enterprise
- Extensive knowledge of DAMA best practices
- Experience with industry solutions and products used by GSIB
Banks for regulatory reporting
- Overall knowledge of AWS and Big Data technology trends, AWS
and Big Data vendors and products.
- Bachelor's/University degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , *EDS Global Data Architect (R2185608)-C14, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!