Infrastructure Solution Architect - VP
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
Request Details / Job Description
The Infrastructure Solution Architect is a seasoned professional
role, who applies in-depth knowledge and experience, obtained in
support of IT applications and the infrastructure technology they
run on. A person who understands solution design building blocks
and can recognize areas where improvements may be made. They would
be familiar with many infrastructure platforms, providing IT
services within the private cloud, while being aware of similar
services offered within the public cloud space. A general knowledge
of the financial services industry and how technology supports and
enables those services is extremely beneficial. Evaluates
moderately complex issues, which may possess risk to the business,
and determines the most efficient solution, from both a technology
and financial standpoint.
Requires good analytical skills in order to take complex
requirements from multiple sources and break them down into simple
process steps or tasks, including the ability to communicate this
breakdown to key stakeholders. Regularly takes on a leadership role
when asked to coach junior architects within the team, about
solution architects' tasks and responsibilities, or by educating
key stakeholders who may be new to what a solution architect does.
Is confident in leading discussions for projects from simple to
complex, small to large, local to global.
- 5 to 8 years' experience in distributed Infrastructure support,
Infrastructure architecture or application development.
- Comfortable working in a team environment and collaborating
across many peer groups.
- The person should have a passion for technology, having a
strong comprehension of core infrastructure technology (Servers,
Storage, Network), with an interest in infrastructure design.
- Ability to take ALL elements of a solution design and capture
in both a narrative and diagram (Visio) form.
- Be quick to learn, follow and educate others on enterprise
processes, standards and strategies.
- Ability to exercise creative problem-solving techniques in a
highly complex environment using leading edge technology and/or
integrating diverse user systems.
- Must grasp the financial aspects of technology ROI / TCO.
- Must grasp the technical aspects of an applications RTO / RPO
when designing an infrastructure solution.
- Have a mastery of soft skills. Effectively working with people
across different types of technology, with varying levels of
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical,
along with the ability to lead team or individual
- Experience with the latest in Public Cloud platforms (AWS,
- Experience extracting information out of data, which gives our
business a key advantage in infrastructure usage, cost controls,
demand forecast, and time-to -market.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Prior experience as Design / Solution Architect
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
- Ability to develop working relationships, manage multiple
activities and changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- Technical writing experience
- Prior experience as Sys Admin
- Experience working with Big Data Apache Hadoop or Cloudera
- Knowledge in Containers / Kubernetes, Infra As Code
- Public Cloud Certifications
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- Opportunity to work in diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaboration with a high-quality team in a challenging
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to
- Great place to work
- Work with new technologies
- Many different learning opportunities
- Flexible working environment
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Infrastructure Solution Architect - VP, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!