Solutions Executive - Public Sector
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: June 9, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Public Sector Domain Experts organization provides domain
expertise and thought leadership to co-create with customers their
mission-critical transformation. As a Solutions Executive -
Security and Compliance, you will partner with Public Sector
Wireless and Wireline account teams to advice and develop
strategies to leverage Verizon's products, services, technology
capabilities, and strategic partners to earn our spot as a trusted
advisor for Verizon's Public Sector clients.
- Using Thought Leadership to write White Papers, participate in
market events, support proposals, and create Security Market/Domain
- Researching, understanding, and identifying customer's
mission-critical digital & secure networks technology
- Co-creating client's transformational cybersecurity roadmap
vision leveraging Verizon's strengths & promoting our complete
portfolio to provide end-to-end managed services solutions.
- Developing trusted internal /external cross functional
relationships while establishing thought leadership &
- Collaborating with internal /external stakeholders to create
end-to-end solutions and unique value proposition leveraging
Verizon's portfolio of products & services and our best in breed
security partner eco - system.
- Articulating Verizon's portfolio of security domain solutions,
value proposition, differentiators, and win themes, use cases, past
performance, customized presentations, and compelling proposal
- Influencing Security product roadmap prioritization by
contributing relevant information that further defines industry
cyber trends, customer needs, competitive market conditions and
security solutions opportunity potential for use in business
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or seven or more years of work experience.
Technical degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ten or or more years of relevant Public Sector Networks work
- Public Sector security solutions experience, with proficiency
in understanding how agencies operate and the public needs and
challenges of the Security and Compliance market and technology
- Seven or more years of experience in security technology
advisory and delivery consulting.
- Experience in defining, analyzing, and interpreting the Public
Sector Security solutions competitive landscape to help define &
position Verizon offerings; and, concurrently, contribute to
Managed Security product roadmaps.
- Willingness to travel based on market driven and customer
- Valid driver's license and access to major Verizon and customer
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Technical or relevant business degree.
- Strong collaborative leadership, with an ability to engage and
manage diverse cross-functional teams andinfluencingend-to-end
solutions to meet client's business, financial, and operational
- Written and oral communication skills, including experience
with Microsoft Office, SFDC, Sharepoint and G-Suite tools.
- Strong client relationship skills, with ability to cultivate
trust-based relationships at the senior executive level to become a
- Established presence at industry events, with frequent speaking
engagements along with published articles and white papers that
apply to the Public Sector Security and Compliance domain.
- Membership and active participation in professional
organizations in the Security and Compliance domain.
- Security Professional: CISSP, CCSP, ISSMP preferred.
- Professional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in managed security
solutions, secure networks, data sciences, machine learning (ML),
and/or artificial intelligence (AI).
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Solutions Executive - Public Sector, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!