2021-2022 SY: Executive Director of PK-5 Schools- Central Office
Company: Irving Independent School District
Posted on: June 9, 2021
IRVING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PK-5 SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Executive Director of LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 230
REPORTS TO: Deputy Superintendent of Schools PAY GRADE:
DEPARTMENT: School Leadership DATE REVISED: May 2021
This position is eligible for a Chapter 21 contract.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Establish an instructional program for Grades
PK - 5 that meets the needs of students and the mission of the
school district and provide leadership that produces student
learning. Coordinate the overall operation of assigned elementary
and early childhood schools, including instructional leadership and
assessment of learning. Coordinate and supervise the school support
systems provided by relevant central office departments to meet the
specific needs of schools based on a comprehensive system of
student assessment data and results. Assure that state laws and
state board of education rules, local school board policies,
approved administrative procedures, principal evaluations, conflict
resolution, and campus and department budgets are implemented
- Master's Degree; Doctorate preferred
- Valid Texas mid-management administrator certification,
principal certificate, or equivalent
- Valid Texas teaching certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices for principal growth and
- Demonstrated knowledge of Grade PK - 5 curriculum
- Demonstrated knowledge of research-based, successful
instructional strategies for elementary students
- Demonstrated knowledge of Texas Accountability System
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in decision
- Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, rules, procedures, and programs
specifically related to the operation of early childhood and
elementary schools in Texas
- At least three years of successful teaching experience
- At least three years of successful administrative experience as
a campus principal
- Experience in mentoring campus leaders preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Articulate the district's mission to the community and solicit
support in realizing the mission.
- Know and respect the district's/community's diverse needs and
set expectations to meet those needs.
- Encourage and support campus principals in promoting family and
- Promote a positive image of the district and maintain a
positive working relationship with parents and the community.
- Solicit assistance from business persons and others from the
community to tutor or assist in school functions.
- Lead assigned elementary and early childhood school principals
to formulate, implement, and monitor an effective and productive
classroom instructional program that meets the needs of all
- Examine and utilize the results of formative and summative
assessment results to evaluate and improve the instructional
- Promote and oversee implementation of strong early intervention
programs for at-risk early childhood and elementary school
- Promote and oversee the planning and implementation of
elementary and early childhood summer school programs.
- Provide leadership for planning, implementing and facilitating
- Motivate and encourage principals to implement innovative
instructional strategies and programs.
- Promote and communicate a sense of urgency in meeting the
learning needs of English language learners.
- Deploy instructional coordinators as needed based on a variety
of student assessment data in an effort to support teachers and
- Meet regularly with department directors to reassign
instructional coordinators to address areas of needs as identified
through a variety of sources (conversations with principals,
student assessment data, teacher performance and development,
- Promote high expectations for performance and positive staff
morale in working with early childhood and elementary teachers,
campus administrators, and central office personnel.
- Exhibit honesty, integrity, dependability, competence, and a
professional attitude in the performance of duties and
- Work effectively with teachers, campus administrators, central
office staff, and parents in conflict resolution issues.
- Demonstrate and reinforce strong commitment to success for ALL
- Encourage and assist campus principals in developing systems of
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement
the District Improvement Plan.
- Guide the development and implementation of early childhood and
elementary campus improvement plans to address district goals and
objectives for assigned schools.
- Actively seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
of district operations.
- Assume leadership in the reorganization and restructuring of
various aspects of the early childhood and elementary school
program when needed.
- Assist assigned early childhood and elementary school
principals in developing schedules that maximize learning time and
promote student access to all programs.
- Read current educational research and assume leadership in
initiating implementation of those practices that will enhance
effectiveness of the instructional program.
- Assist assigned early childhood and elementary school
principals in the development of a continuous improvement
- Coordinate the efforts of instructional
coordinators/specialists in order to support schools toward meeting
their goals for student achievement.
- Work collaboratively with other directors to provide a
comprehensive system of school support.
- Assume appropriate leadership in interviewing and recommending
for employment early childhood and elementary school
- Recommend, in cooperation with the administrative team, the
retention, transfer, or dismissal of assigned early childhood and
elementary school principals as part of the annual evaluation
- Define and communicate expectations for assigned early
childhood and elementary school principals' performance.
- Encourage the development of leadership among assigned early
childhood and elementary school administrators.
- Provide leadership training for assigned early childhood and
elementary school administrators.
- Develop systems of support for new principals and aspiring
principals (assistant principals/administrative liaisons).
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management:
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department of PK-5
Schools based upon achievement data, estimated enrollment,
projected staffing, and other fiscal considerations.
- Comply with all regulations and procedures regarding fiscal
- Assist in designing and managing the use of facilities needed
for classroom instruction and the overall operation of the early
childhood and elementary school education program.
- Initiate and monitor reports as needed for the management of
budgets, grants, equipment and facilities.
- Work collaboratively with the Director for State and Federal
Programs to seek grants and other sources of funding for early
childhood and elementary school programs.
- Assist with campus budget development to ensure resources are
properly aligned with district and campus needs. Provide for budget
training on an annual basis for assigned early childhood and
elementary school principals.
- Assist assigned principals in determining the appropriate
placement of students in compliance with district or state
- Work with assigned early childhood and elementary school
principals to implement a student management system that encourages
positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Provide leadership in organization of appropriate orientation
programs to enable smooth transitions between schools (PK to
elementary and elementary to middle).
- Monitor the Student Code of Conduct to ensure that it is
consistently and fairly administered.
- Oversee the development of the Student Handbooks.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Use information provided through assessment instruments, the
appraisal process, and staff input to improve job performance.
- Attend professional development activities and apply new
learning to improve job performance.
- Provide appropriate leadership in addressing current
- Read professional journals and other pertinent materials and
apply learning to enhance professional growth.
- Practice professional ethics according to local and state
- Supervise and evaluate the following professionals:
- All Elementary School Principals
- Division Secretary
Keywords: Irving Independent School District, Irving , 2021-2022 SY: Executive Director of PK-5 Schools- Central Office, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!