IRVING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
OFFICE MANAGER - TRANSPORTATION
JOB TITLE: Office Manager WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation PAY GRADE: Salary
Schedule Para 065
DEPARTMENT: Transportation DATE REVISED: May 2021
A Letter of Assurance will be issued for this position.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Facilitate the efficient operation of the
Transportation department; maintain a professional work environment
and perform the clerical duties necessary. Process and balance
Kronos timesheets for the Transportation department and other
assigned payroll groups. Communicate with employees and managers
regarding payroll procedures and other payroll matters, as
High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Proficient skills in typing, Excel, word processing, and other
- Ability to accurately complete complex mathematical
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records.
- Bilingual preferred
Three (3) years payroll/accounting experience or other
equivalent experience or background.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Serve as department secretary:
- Organize and maintain departmental files for the Transportation
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, documents, and materials to
the department staff.
- Receive incoming calls and take accurate messages.
- Make travel arrangements for department staff.
- Assist in compiling information to be used in various
Accounting and Payroll
- Perform accounting tasks following established district
guidelines including, but not limited to, those related to budget,
fixed assets, requisitions, and purchase orders.
- Assist with the preparation and payment authorizations for
department supplies and materials, workshop materials, etc.
following appropriate district procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date account balances for funding sources.
- Monitor, process and submit personnel payroll reports to the
central office as required.
- Perform vendor set up process for all Contractors and Service
- Perform mileage reimbursement process for Transportation
- Manage travel documents for department staff.
- Maintain payroll records and reports for the department
following district guidelines.
- Responsible for department staff memberships and registrations
to organizations and
events as needed.
- Process and balance Kronos timesheets for Transportation and
- Add new paraprofessional employees to Kronos system as directed
by Human Resources and/or Business Services as needed.
- Process monthly Kronos payroll information, confirming reasons
- Participate in training employees in Kronos.
- Develop the appropriate skills to job assignment.
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Ethics and District
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSBILITIES: None
Computer, telephone, fax, calculator, and copier.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Reading;
ability to concentrate through continuous interruptions; ability to
communicate (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress;
Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; prolonged
Safety: Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Observe all safety precautions.
The information contained in this job description is for
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and
foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential