IT Infrastructure Transformation Program Manager
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Description: CIS Infrastructure Transformation
The CIS North America organization provides IT Infrastructure
consulting and transformation services to Large Enterprises across
North America. It is part of the Cognizant's Cloud, Infrastructure
and Security horizontal, which services all the industry verticals.
This role will be within the CIS NA practice, which provides IT
Infrastructure Transformation Services to our accounts and clients
within North America.
The CIS Infrastructure Project/Program Manager is responsible
for ensuring that customer deployment and optimization needs are
satisfied through establishing criteria for success and overall
project plan for hybrid cloud/private cloud transformation. The
position includes management of project budget, resource
requirements and delivery schedule. The Infrastructure
Project/Program Manager manages internal efforts and those of third
party/partners. Maintains and tracks scheduled events and
project/program milestones. The Project/Program Manager is directly
accountable for the successful implementation of customer IT
Infrastructure project(s) are measured against the following
success factors: Quality, Schedule, Budget and Customer's
Position Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Leads the successful delivery of complex customer IT
Infrastructure projects/programs from planning, design to
- Manages the project/program from start to completion including
the resolution of project risks and issues.
- Manages small to medium or a portion of larger, more complex
customer IT Infrastructure Programs.
- Single point of ownership for overall project or program
management involving SMEs, Project/Program Managers and other
enabling functions & partners involved in the projects.
- Provides leadership to, and management of the project/program
- Ensures project/program objectives and performance metrics are
- Ensures that project/program deliverables meet the required
quality standards and are accepted by the customer.
- Responsible for the creation and updating of the project
schedule and plan with financial, resource and material
- Responsible for regular customer and internal project/program
status and project financial reporting.
- Responsible for organizing and leading project team and project
governance team meetings.
- Accountable for the Project Budget.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals and
- Oversees project/program staff including project engineers,
both on- and off-shore team, vendors, partners or
- Presents service business value to customers for new or
- Capturing key lessons learnt and best practices which can be
used to improve Infrastructure project delivery performance
- Working closely with customer teams and Cognizant customer
account teams across the key engagement accounts.
- Continuously focuses on project delivery excellence and high
level of customer satisfaction.
- Build tight working relationship with CIS onshore and offshore
project & delivery teams.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication
style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and
- The candidate will be part of Cognizant's Cloud,
Infrastructure, & Security (CIS)'s Global Transition &
Transformation Practice providing Project/Program Management
expertise within the team.
- Hands-on Project/Program Management experience in any of the
following like deployment of IT Infrastructure technologies such as
data center migrations, digital workplace services deployment or
migrations like Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office 365, Windows
desktop upgrades, IT Infrastructure tools implementation or
consolidation, Migration of IT infrastructure or applications to
Private/Hybrid or Public cloud like Azure, AWS, GCP or OCI, network
consolidation or migration, IT security tools and processes
implementation, database migration, currency upgrade, etc.
- Conceptual knowledge of main IT Infrastructure components
(server, storage, network, databases, cloud concepts, ITSM
processes, tools used maintain and monitor IT Infrastructure and
- Ability to design and deliver end-to-end Transformation plans
to meet/align with customer requirements.
- Participate in presales and customer visits to represent
Transition and Transformation function and ensure
- Ability to manage Multi-tower, Multi-Geo project teams where
- Completed formal Project Management training and
- Good understanding of project scoping and risk assessment
- Good negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand contracts and experience in handling
contractual deliverables and milestones as well as contract change
- Typically requires 10+ years project/program management
experience with IT Infrastructure projects.
- Project plan and schedule creation.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as
part of a Project/Program team.
Consulting skills required
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate Infrastructure project
management professional capable of quickly establishing interest
and credibility in how to start and manage complex IT
- Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills.
- Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed
- Experience in Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions, data center &
- Strong customer-interaction skills.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with
key customer personnel, as well as work collaboratively and in a
hands-on manner with technical professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
- PMI, Prince 2 or similar Project or Program Management
- ITIL certification is a good to have
- 15 or more years of IT experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Program
Manager or 10 years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Project
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and
interfacing to global delivery teams
- Preferred location anywhere across Continental US.
Cognizant (CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional
services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and
technology models for the digital era. Our industry-based,
consultative approach helps many of the best-known organizations in
every industry and geography envision, build and run more
innovative, client businesses. With corporate headquarters in the
United States and offices across 37 countries worldwide, our global
presence extends our delivery capability and amplifies our impact.
and approximately 289,500 employees as of December 31, 2020,
Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the
Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top
performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us
online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: @Cognizant
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Irving , IT Infrastructure Transformation Program Manager, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!