Facility Engineering Refrigeration/HVAC Technician 4
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Department: Enterprise Facility Engineering
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Facility Engineering Maintenance Group
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: MR4
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide equipment, refrigeration and HVAC maintenance, repair
and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the company's
core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as
- Perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures,
- Perform repairs to systems.
- Navigate and investigate electronic controls interfaces.
- Assist with and perform various preventive maintenance tasks
and procedures to buildings and equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment.
- Perform compressor, large motor and component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and
aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper
use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage
documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and
- Provide input to supervisor and management towards maintenance
- Audit registered store equipment identification lists.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as
- Provide feedback on performance reviews
- Coach, mentor and train other technicians.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude
for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to
various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and
pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and
kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years' proven refrigeration/HVAC experience and
satisfactory overall performance
- EPA Type 2 Certification
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use control manufacturers' software
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights,
weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
- Demonstrated mentoring and training experience
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and
- Advanced technical training or related technical
- Supervisory experience
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches
and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly,
Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads
through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction,
Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger
Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Keywords: Kroger, Irving , Facility Engineering Refrigeration/HVAC Technician 4, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!