Senior Platform Engineer - Scala
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: June 10, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a member of the platform team, the Senior Platform Engineer
will design and implement mission critical systems that enable our
groundbreaking Verizon Network Detection and Response (NDR)
Product. You are passionate about solving massively large data
- Develop and design software automation to drive efficiencies
and help us scale our infrastructure.
- Develop and design process and documentation.
- Develop and design services and systems that ingest and process
multigigabit network streams through the Verizon NDR.
- Develop and design automated unit and functional testing around
- Collaborate with Product Management on understanding and
refinement of core features of the Verizon NDR.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of production experience in JVM
- Willingness to travel (Occasional) post COVID.
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years in large scale concurrent software and
- Scala experience.
- Two or more years of experience working with large scale data
ingest, processing and storage systems.
- Strong experience with software design patterns and testing
- Experience with open source projects and frameworks.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience or interest in functional programming
- Experience with distributed systems and/or large scale data
processing, such as Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Redis, and
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Senior Platform Engineer - Scala, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!