Data Insights & Analytics Advanced Specialist
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Data Insights & Analytics Advanced Specialist
- Requisition # 10043501-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Other Locations ARIZONA-Chandl
- Date Posted 05/13/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count
Reporting into the Head of the Global Financial Crimes
Division's (GFCD) Data Insights and Analytics Americas (DIAA) team,
which is part of the GFCD Operations Intelligence & Analytics
(I&A) function, this new position has been created for the
purpose of building out MUFG's GFCD Operations I&A
capabilities. This position will work closely with I&A teams
located in the Americas and Global DIA.
This position will be responsible for supporting a team that
provides a consistent and cohesive intelligence and analytics
capability covering all financial crime risk taxonomies across all
products, branches, and entities where MUFG operates. The DIA team
supports financial crimes investigations through intelligence,
statistics, advanced analytics, and technology encompassing data
capture, network analysis, visualization, data analysis, and
in-depth thematic reviews. This role requires a strong skillset in
predictive analytics and modeling, performing data analysis with
large datasets, model documentation, proactive identification of
potential financial crime risks. The incumbent will also be
responsible for supporting model governance and documentation
function covering all BSA/AML/OFAC models.
In connection with the Global Financial Crimes program -
- Support the identification and implementation of predictive
analytics to be leveraged and applied in the Americas.
- Create advanced, complex statistical models to be used for
identifying financial crime risks.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify significant
differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Analyze structured data to identify potential financial crime
risks using statistical modeling, segmentation strategies,
optimization algorithms and data mining analyses (regression,
- Use advanced data visualization techniques to provide support
to financial crimes investigations.
- Coordinate with regional Intelligence & Analytics teams to
implement the global operating model.
- Work collaboratively across functional teams within GFCD to
ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined
roles and responsibilities.
- Document Model Owner documentation to meet Model Governance
Policies on Change Management, Model Performance and Operational
- Work with model users to ensure adequate testing and
documentation of performance monitoring.
- Coordinate with Americas Model Risk Management team on model
validation engagements, including planning model validation,
provisioning of request items, performing and overseeing issue
- A Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer
science/engineering discipline strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics or similar with
five plus (5+) years relevant experience will be considered.
- Seven plus (7+) years of internal or financial industry and
compliance experience, preferably within a global organization in a
role directly involved with business intelligence or data analytics
- A background in anti-money laundering and/or sanctions
compliance is preferable.
- Understanding of database structures and how to query data
(e.g., using SQL) from Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Expert knowledge of statistics, as well as experience with
forecasting and prediction.
- Familiarity in working with large sets of data and synthesizing
it into analyses and insights.
- Highly skilled proficiency in the use of spreadsheets,
graphing, and presentations with a working knowledge of dashboards
(mastery of Excel and polished in PowerPoint).
- Practical ability to visualize data, communicate about the
data, and use it effectively.
- Comfortable operating with data that is sometimes incomplete
- Experience interacting with Executive Committee Leadership,
control function leadership, and compliance subject matter
- Proven excellence in execution in complex and demanding
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication
- Systemic thinker across the enterprise.
- Process-oriented and a strong ability to develop appropriate
- Detail-oriented and organized execution.
- Executive-level presentation skills.
- An Enterprise Risk Management perspective.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python and/or R
- Knowledge of analytical tools and software including SAS,
Alteryx Designer/Server, SQL Server, Oracle, Power BI, Tableau
- Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement
- Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the
organization, including Bank staff, management, directors, and
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own
- Ability to work with teams of project managers.
- Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical
approach to implementation - including knowledge of Bank
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best
interests of the Bank and its customers.
- Statistical modeling/data mining (decision tree, logistic
regression, cluster analysis, etc.) experience related to BSA/AML
in the banking industry is a plus.
- Role may require some domestic and/or international
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Irving , Data Insights & Analytics Advanced Specialist, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!