Senior API Developer, Node JS - Dallas, TX
Posted on: June 10, 2021
About the job:
The API Developer is responsible for design, implementation and
on-going enhancements of digital products and enhancing the digital
experience. The developer must have a strong and continuously
evolving technical mastery of RESTful API development focused on
Node.js. This includes hands-on programming, participating in
design sessions, code reviews, system testing during various phases
of development, follow best industry practices and publish API
Your areas of expertise include implementing software
engineering best practices in design, development and utilization
of APIs in cloud platforms. You have a passion for hands-on coding,
putting quality first, delivering an exceptional experience to
customers and drive efficiency through the creation of extendable
and re-usable service components.
- Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation and unit
test new features for digital products.
- Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to
deliver features through the creation of re-usable RESTful
- Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams
to keep digital assets fully functional, secure and up to date with
- Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with
the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and
- Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring
events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning
- Must have 3 years of API / Server-side development experience
- Must have 1 year of experience in cloud platforms (preferable
AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), developing
micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), message queue
systems and background task management.
- Must have 1 year of experience in developing NoSQL databases,
designing data models and proficient in querying document stores
- Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user
access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
- Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance
testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Keywords: Catalyte, Irving , Senior API Developer, Node JS - Dallas, TX, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!