Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Promotes quality patient care, ongoing customer support and case
management for Fresenius Medical Care (FMCNA) renal patient
population (internal and external) by providing guidance, support,
care coordination, education and other resource coordination
functions as defined by the pertinent program. Manages the
implementation of the pertinent program as assigned while acting as
the subject matter expert and resource for patients, dialysis
staff, and other healthcare professionals. Services are provided
telephonically and in person on-site visits to clinics, medical
office, hospital are required. The position also coordinates
activities with physicians, physician offices, dialysis facilities,
and pharmacies to ensure that patients' medication profiles are
accurately completed and that patients receive their necessary
medications and medication refills in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Travel and visits to clinics, patient homes, and physicians'
offices is required by program.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- High School Diploma required, Associate Degree desirable
- Patient Care Technician, Medical Assistant or Medical
Technician Certification desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1 - 2 years' dialysis or medical practice experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and
interpersonal skills required.
- Understands the importance of and demonstrates a customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information
accurately on paper and into a database system.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience using
Microsoft Office. Proficient to advanced typing skills.
- Develops a working knowledge of standard medical abbreviations
and medical terminology.
- Able to follow oral and written communication, as well as
communicate information to individuals or groups with varying
levels of education.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Irving , Medication Technician, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!