Regional Product Manager - Ductless
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What you will do
The Regional Product Manager (RPM) is the person in charge of
defining and managing the North American ductless line card
including VRF and DFS (Ducted Free splits) products. In general,
the RPM creates the regional product strategy and deliver the
proper product roadmap in order to reach JCH NA growth
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing
product line profitability, generating new market expansion, owning
new product introduction and obsolescence, overseeing
cost-out/value-engineering initiatives, defining and managing
market research and assisting with brand development programs. This
position also will lead our regional product management team and
will oversee cross-functional development and project launch
activities. The RPM will also need to coordinate and align regional
strategies with our Global Product Management (GPM) and Engineering
How you will do it
As a RPM, you will lead the team that represents the voice of
the market and customer within the organization, acquire a thorough
understanding of the needs of the VRF & DFS market by conducting
market research supported by on-going visits to customers and
non-customers for our key verticals and geographic markets. You
will deeply understand the competitive environment and our product
competitive position; develop and implement product line strategies
and product portfolio to serve global market while optimizing
product life cycle and overall product line profitability. You will
make competitive analysis and pricing strategy.
You will forecast for current and define future market share
targets, drive and measure product launch activities and make
portfolio sales training presentations to design offices and
customers. You will track and assess product metrics for financial
performance and present product strategy roadmap to customers,
sales team, and at trade shows. The RPM will also drive product
line rationalization (end of life) and product margin
- Market Analysis
- Work with sales, strategy and organization leadership team to
analyze markets and trends (Market demands, regulations, channels.)
in order to detect the best growth opportunities for JCH NA.
- Collect Voice of Customer by collaborating with Sales teams to
ensure our offering fits with customer, sales and channel
- Carry out market research.
- Collect, consolidate and communicate to global development team
technical requirements like performance, controls, refrigerant and
Analyze and benchmark competitors' offering.
- Product Strategy:
- Define North American VRF & DFS product strategy to achieve
growth and profitability targets.
- Envision regional product positioning. Ensure product
innovation and differentiation.
- Drive Gaps analysis for our product offer.
Work closely and coordinate efforts with our GPM team to develop
the product attribute roadmap to serve our strategy.
- Product Roadmap:
- Follow our Global Product Planning Process (GP3), including
best opportunities in our product development plan.
- Conduct quantitative and financial business analysis, then
present recommendations to senior management and work with GPM team
to gain approval for development of product plan
Engage with manufacturing and other functional leaders to define
the best manufacturing site. Engage in costing analysis.
- Product Development:
- Deliver GPM future Product Vision features, specification, cost
and time to market in order to kick off product development. Ensure
targets and market requirements are fully understood by the GPM
Participate in the product development through Gate reviews of
our Product Development Process (PDP). Always ensure that
expectations of customers and channels will be satisfied.
- Sales Enablement:
- Work with sales and Product Marketing team to define the needs
in terms of sales support tools.
- Train our regional sales teams on the new products, participate
to elaborate the material (.ppt) with support of Engineering team
and marketing team.
- Participate in product launch, collect feedback of customers
and channel during field events.
Follow up on new product introduction KPI performances.
- Lifecycle Management
- Collaborate with finance to review and understand overall
- Collaborate with sales and management team to review and
understand market share and channel performance.
- Rationalize the offerings. Detect cost down needs on existing
range to meet profitability expectations.
- Propose products improvement.
- Define with GPM team the right timing for phase out of products
that don't meet the financial targets or market expectations
What we look for
- 10+ years of experience in HVAC equipment in product or program
management, marketing, system applications or sales.
- 5+ years of experience in Ductless VRF/DFS industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Eng. or related
technical field of study
- Strong knowledge of HVAC equipment from OEM suppliers, key
product features/ranges and specifications.
- Demonstrable business management skills in a product management
environment and technically savvy, possessing strong knowledge of
business practices relating to the identified products.
- Critical thinking and technical problem-solving.
- Ability to work remotely and have the ownership and ability to
provide innovative solutions to market needs.
- Ability to understand different market dynamics and competition
activity and build the product strategy according to market
- Experience with financial statements and preferably managed a
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, &
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Proficiency in managing multi-task projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to envision and introduce creative tools for fast and
effective interaction with the field combining high technical
complexity and commercial interests in a seamless and user-friendly
manner would be a significant plus.
- Master's degree on business administration is a plus
- Experience with Japanese culture is a plus
- Bilingual capability in a business setting is a plus. (Chinese,
Japanese is a plus)
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Irving , Regional Product Manager - Ductless, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!