Advanced Accounting Analyst, Tax Reporting & Planning
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company
that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products
essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we
employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities
across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and
creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a
difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees,
provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day
1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more
information about Celanese and our products please visit
The Advanced Accounting/Tax analyst role is a position within
the Controller's Systems & Reporting group. The Advanced
Accounting/Tax analyst will work closely with other members of the
Finance organization, especially members of the Tax, Corporate
Accounting, and Regional Shared Service teams. The Advanced
Accounting/Tax Analyst is responsible for support to the Tax
Provision and Planning teams, which oversees tax provision, tax
planning, and tax analysis related to changes in the business, new
product offerings and other transactions.
The Advanced Accounting/Tax analyst will support the Tax
Provision team with recording the tax provision journal entries for
SEC filings (i.e. 10-K and 10-Q) and related tax disclosures in the
corporate structure. The focus of this role will be on global,
federal and state tax matters related to the Celanese's management
company entities, acquisition entities, and various other
consolidated workflows. The Accounting/Tax analyst will also work
with the members of the Finance organization or external service
providers on tax planning and tax analysis for Celanese's future
transactions, changes in the business or new service offerings
- Support the recording quarterly and annual tax provision
entries of various entities with a focus on global, federal and
state tax under ASC 740.
- Help to maintain & document SOX 404 processes for the tax
- Team with the Tax Managers to apply the impact of changes in
both GAAP standards, especially ASC 740 and FASB guidance impacting
tax reporting, and tax legislative changes to the tax provision
workpapers and other documentation.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors on gathering
support, responding to inquiries, etc.
- Other responsibilities as needed to support the accuracy and/or
efficiency of financial reporting for taxes.
Tax Planning and Tax Analyses
- Attend bi-weekly tax project meetings and document tax
follow-up items/analysis from those meetings with the Systems &
Reporting group, Tax, Legal, Treasury, etc.
- Prepare the accounting entries related to tax projects for all
- Coordinate the global distribution and proper recording of tax
project entries (as needed).
- Coordinate with external service providers (as needed) on tax
analysis and documentation of transactions related to global,
federal and state tax positions.
Process Improvement and Other Responsibilities
- Coordinate with various consultant(s) that are assigned to the
Tax Provision and Planning team.
- Identify, make recommendations and lead efforts to drive
process efficiencies and enhancements in various provision and
- Own the global tax account reconciliation process by ensuring
compliance with Celanese policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Systems team that most recent chart of accounts
is available to tax provision team. Troubleshoot any issues with
that arise during quarterly and annual tax provision work.
- Coordinate with other internal stakeholders (Controller's
teams, Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Legal, etc.) to provide tax
- Other projects as applicable.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years public or private accounting, required
- Minimum 3 years tax experience, strongly preferred
- ASC 740 experience, strongly preferred
- Public company experience, strongly preferred
- C corporation tax, partnership tax, and/or
international/federal/state tax compliance experience,
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- CPA, strongly preferred
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline,
Position-Specific Technical Requirements
- Advanced Excel skills and use of SAP, or similar ERP
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Seeks to proactively drive change by making process and other
recommendations to enhance processes and deliverables
- Organized and efficient approach to record-keeping
- Proven communication skills - both written and oral. Must be
able to ask questions and gather data from a variety of resources
and other staff members
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Dedicated to developing less experienced team members
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Embraces technology and seeks to improve processes
Keywords: Celanese, Irving , Advanced Accounting Analyst, Tax Reporting & Planning, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!