Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and
innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced,
high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one
of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee and Big Bite. "Brain Freeze"
is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee and
with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or
food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has
been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience
in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View
Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can
Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide
the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
About This Opportunity
In this role you will be responsible for an assigned territory.
You will be ensuring minimization of lease expenses and protection
of profitability of existing store base. The position will direct
activity of outsourced lease negotiators, brokers, developers, and
others for a varied set of real estate transactions. You will also
be expected to track all assets, transactions, associated savings
and/or revenue stores to ensure timely/effective completion of all
transaction types. Develop and maintain cooperative working
relationships with Landlords, Attorneys, Brokers and associations
to facilitate completion of real estate transaction.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:Manage Store Portfolio for Lease
Renewals and Extensions following corporate strategy. This includes
- Manage portfolio of lease renewals
- Monitoring assets in portfolio and reporting.
- Direct actions of outsourced reps, including training/coaching,
review of negotiation strategy, estimated market values and
- Gain approval for approach/targets.
- Research appraised value, tax information, etc. to determine
fair market value.
- Determine a stores importance to Network Plan and get guidance
- Able to negotiate leases, amendments as needed.
- Able to write/review short documents, or work w/ counsel on
large agreements on complex issues.
- Follow company policy and procedures in securing renewal
- Participate in the cross-functional review of underperforming
stores and contribute to store closure decisions.
- Negotiate lease cancellations and buy-outs.
- Market property for sale and continually monitor the
marketability of the property.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in Network Planning, Operations,
Planning, & other departments.
- Alert the team to threats and opportunities to the store base:
expiring leases, potential closures.
- Analyze rents in all stores for savings opportunities or
- Contribute to store growth through awareness of
- Prepare stores for negotiation by working with outside Property
Managers to resolve outstanding issues, tactical repairs or gaining
approval for capital improvements.
- Be responsive to Management. This includes: Track and monitor
activities, regularly reporting on results and progress of
Manage Additional & Alternative Real Estate Program Sets for
Revenue Generation following corporate strategy. Position will be
- Generate revenue through alternative real estate transactions o
Actively manage existing real estate portfolio with network of
external brokers and partners o Identify and create new sources of
revenue streams leveraging both owned and leased properties.
- Create short and long-range plans for revenue growth o Track
and report to management periodic progress towards goals.
- Create all guidelines, training documents, process documents
for existing and new programs.
- Hold external partners (brokers, developers, business partners)
accountable. This will include hiring and firing as needed.
- Must be able to create, review, and implement contracts that
would provide revenue, services, or any such other contract that
will benefit the business.
- Collaborate with internal partners to gain alignment for new or
existing program. o Collaborate with external entities
(municipalities) to advance success at the transaction level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:EDUCATION: Bachelors/4 Yr DegreeYEARS
OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 10+ yearsYEARS OF MANAGEMENT
EXPERIENCE: NACERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES: Experience in
retail/commercial real estate
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Expert knowledge of real estate
contracts Strong project management skills, including data query
for tracking/reporting Strong financial skills, able to articulate
financial arguments and evaluate program / deal viability Strong
knowledge of market values across real estate spectrum Expert level
communicator / Presenter