Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Scientist, Sensory and Consumer Research
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac,
PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help
get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for a
Scientist, Sensory and Consumer Research. In Research & Development
(R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality
products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user
experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life
Abbott Nutrition is currently seeking a Sensory Scientist to
join our team in Columbus, OH. This is a newly added position that
requires a strong knowledge of the LATAM market and culture. The
desired candidate will be well versed in sensory operations
including descriptive analysis and consumer research
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support cross functional project teams by recommending testing
strategies and study designs while keeping business objectives and
consumer needs in mind. There will be a strong focus on projects
related to the LATAM markets.
- Coordinate consumer studies through partnerships with consumer
- Interpret and report descriptive and consumer test results in a
manner that provides actionable insights to project teams.
- Collaborate with the global sensory team members on global
- Assist with planning and implementation of sensory training
programs at domestic plants.
- Contribute to the ongoing training of descriptive
- Partner with sensory staff to ensure smooth operation of
routine lab functions (descriptive and consumer testing).
- Assist with general upkeep of the sensory lab.
- Assist with standardized practices and protocols within the
sensory organization and remain abreast of industry best
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Sensory Science, Data Analytics,
or closely related field, plus 4 years of professional
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- MS or higher degree preferred.
- Strong background conducting qualitative and quantitative
consumer research in Latin America
- Knowledge of descriptive analysis, experience with panel
- Compusense and XLSTAT knowledge is a plus
- Effective communication skills, strong analytical skills and
attention to detail are needed
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and projects in a
speed oriented, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% (domestic and international)
- No food allergies or dietary restrictions
- Bilingual Portuguese is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and