Program Manager, Rationalization
Posted on: September 6, 2021
This position will provide key
leadership to Flowserve’s Product Rationalization
Rationalization program spans Global Flowserve
leadership role will bring together cross functional stake holders
to gain maximum benefits out of Rationalization
- Closely work with product
management to identify product obsolescence plans and manage change
internally with stake holders.
- Work with cross functional stake
holders to plan and measure benefits as part of complexity
reduction that accompanies Product
- Keep the Rationalization projects
pipeline/funnel filled and prioritized with newer project
- The type of projects this position
will manage include New Product Development, Cost Reduction and/or
Design to Value projects.
- The Design to Value projects will
have further sub types of Standardization, Modularization, and
- Perform end-to-end project
management activities from initiation until project closeout,
ensuring compliance of project execution with Flowserve
- Ensure the completeness of a
business case justifying each project, and a project charter to
define the scope of the project.
- Ensure a high quality of
requirements definitions, and that Phase Gate Reviews or
Agile/Scrum sprints are conducted according to the standard
expectations of the company policy.
- Confirm that individual project
spending meets the overall approved project budget. Identify, seek
approval for, and coordinate assignment of internal and external
Flowserve resources and expertise, as appropriate to achieve
- Act through the project core team
to define and manage the scope, schedule, resources, budget,
deliverables, risks, issues, and project
- Collaborate with functional
managers for most efficient utilization of project personnel, which
includes work allocation, training and problem
- Provide strategic support to
project teams as well as tactically handle the day-to-day project
execution and related communications.
- Develop detailed project schedules
using scheduling software upon project
- Identify the project resources and
reserve the respective resources for the
- Identify the overloaded resources
and work with respective functional managers for effective resource
management and capacity planning.
- Monitor project progress and keep
the project schedule updated.
- Ensure that assigned Flowserve
R&D projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting
targets, and expectations, and are adhering to established
- Negotiate changes in project
resources as necessary to achieve objectives and
- Present and advising leadership
and/or business executives at the highest levels about the status
and issues of assigned projects
- Act as an advocate in promoting
project management practices across the organization through
effective project management, Virtual Centre of Excellence
meetings, and supporting development of the Flowserve Project
Keywords: Flowserve, Irving , Program Manager, Rationalization, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!