Nuclear Quality Lead
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Flowserve has been providing Pumps, Valves and Mechanical Seals as
well as service, repair, and engineering support to the nuclear
industry for over 50 years. Flowserve is striving to improve the
quality of our products and services for our Nuclear Customers by
improving and standardizing processes, procedures, and systems. The
individual filling this role will oversee the management of nuclear
quality programs at all Flowserve locations globally and will lead
or support multiple of initiatives including, but not limited to,
nuclear quality system development and deployment, QMS
improvements, supplier quality management processes at Flowserve
factories, and internal audit validation. This individual should
possess a strong background in nuclear quality management and
leadership within large industrial manufacturing organizations, be
able to work with associates at all levels of the company
(especially on the factory or office floor), and have experience
with the manufacture of nuclear pumps, valves, and seals.
• Lead Flowserve’s Nuclear Quality Program.
• Support the improvement and enhancement of Nuclear Quality
Programs at Flowserve sites with initial focus on FPD sites,
specifically Vernon and Charlotte.
• Provide coaching and direction for Site Leadership teams,
especially the Plant Managers and Quality Managers at sites
producing products for the nuclear industry.
• Represent Flowserve on the ASME committee and other nuclear
REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO:
• Use project management tools to ensure effective and timely
completion of project milestones.
• Interface with Engineering, Nuclear Sales, and all Nuclear
• Ensure export compliance at each Flowserve site producing
products and services for the Nuclear industry.
• Evaluate current Quality Managers at Nuclear sites.
• Support hiring of new Quality Managers at Nuclear sites.
• Act as backup Quality Manager for Nuclear sites.
• Review Quality Plans for Nuclear orders.
• Support Quality Requirements Standardization Project.
• Launch Human Performance Program in 2022 (partnering with
• Use detailed process mapping tools to define and analyze quality
• Interact with the functional areas including manufacturing,
purchasing, engineering, production, and field service/repair to
evaluate failure trends, product quality problems, and quality
• Evaluate existing quality processes and systems at the site,
platform, and global level for effectiveness and improvement
• Define and execute quality system deployment plans given multiple
system deployments with other functions (ERP, PLM, SIOP, etc.).
• Interact with customers and suppliers on quality issues plus
resolution of any problems within process and final product
• Provide input, guidance and coaching to site leadership team to
ensure continuous improvement.
• Provide quality support for in-process and final inspection to
establish quality standards and customers’ requirements.
• Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with a
wide variety of customers including both internal and external to
Flowserve. Communicate effectively with associates at all levels,
from the factory floor to executives at Flowserve and
• Be able to perform and coach others in data analysis and perform
root cause analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering field (manufacturing,
industrial, or mechanical)
• 8 years QM experience, including engineered-to-order environments
for the nuclear industry
• US Citizenship or US Green Card Holder
• Nuclear Quality Management experience
• Experience with 10CFR Part 21, 10CFR Part 50 Appendix B, ASME
nuclear certificates, ASME NQA-1, CSA CAN3-Z299 / N299, NCA-3800,
NCA-4000, RCCM, KEPIC, 50-C-Q, and ASME BPVC Section III
• Management experience with NQA-1 and ISO 9001 quality management
• Experience in QMS development and deployment
• Skilled in CAPA and RCA tools and able to teach and coach these
• Skilled in data analysis and quality KPI performance
• NQA-1 and Lead Auditor Certified
• Organizational and planning skills
• Experience in Procedure Management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Keywords: Flowserve, Irving , Nuclear Quality Lead, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!