Patient Financial Specialist Lead
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 16, 2021
The associate is responsible for the duties and services that
are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of CHRISTUS
Health. The associate ensures that all processes are performed in a
timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position
is to ensure account resolution and reconciliation of outstanding
balances for CHRISTUS Health patient accounts. The position works
in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and
external customers. The associate must demonstrate a consistently
high degree of proficiency in their primary position within Patient
Financial Services Department of CHRISTUS Health. The associate is
responsible for a variety of activities in the department while
applying one's expertise and knowledge within the unit. The
position provides opportunities to increase one's scope of
responsibility within the PFS Department. Working in partnership
with the management team, serves as a resource for innovation,
staff support and process improvements. The Patient Financial
Specialist Lead carries out his/her duties by adhering to the
highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best
interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's
core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and
- Functions as a subject matter expert in support of other PFS
team members and other departments/facilities within the CHRISTUS
- Provides on the job training as needed and provides source of
knowledge for staff inquiries.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of payer benefits
requirements, on-line claims status, submission, billing, cash
application, and reconciliation procedures.
- Approve or deny requested adjustments and refunds within role
- Adapt to process and procedure evaluations and improvements,
support continuous change, and willingly manage special projects in
addition to normal workload and other duties as assigned.
- Remain flexible if duties are reassigned, which may involve
transferring to a more appropriate unit in order to best serve PFS
and CHRISTUS Health.
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal
communication with both internal and external customersin order to
resolve outstanding for account resolution while maintaining
account integrity and compliance with payer and/or government
- Ensures quality and productivity standards are met or
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other
systems utilized by Patient Financial Services in accordance with
policy and procedures.
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership
Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities
affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or
- Functions effectively within a team and participates and
contributes constructively to produce results in a cooperative
- Continually seeks to understand and act upon customer needs,
concerns, and priorities. Meets customer expectations and
requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Demonstrates expertise in role requirements as outlined in job
description for specific area of responsibility.
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Three (3) years of experience and working knowledge of primary
position within PFS preferred. Strong candidates, with
supervisor/manager recommendation, may be fast tracked to a Team
Lead position prior to reaching the 3-year experience requirement
based on consistent display of qualities listed above.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to maneuver efficiently through
Patient Accounting Systems, Document Imaging, Databases, etc.
Strong understanding of systems from an end-user and processing
- Good technical aptitude working with a variety of MS Office
products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and/or ability to learn
and develop more advance skills with the various applications.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication
- Good understanding of the various areas of government,
non-government programs, billing, customer service and cash
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment focused on
meeting organization goals and objectives required.
- Experience in role requirements as outlined in job description
for specific area of responsibility preferred
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience
and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered
in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Understanding of alternative Business Office financial
resources and the ability to provide information and/or
recommendations related to these sources of recovery are
- Experience working within a multi-facility hospital business
office environment preferred.
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Patient Financial Specialist Lead, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!